four

Lydia Blair loved organization and decorating, which is probably why she had subjected Peter to endless hours of HGTV in the past

Lydia Blair loved organization and decorating, which is probably why she had subjected Peter to endless hours of HGTV in the past. It was also the reason she joined Liz Allen's homecoming committee, and why she was at her house so early to help the older girl set up her party.

People had already began to trickle in, the hour of seven nearing on microwave clock in the kitchen as Lydia poured a few platters of drinks, Liz off to the side making a few bowls of chips and dip for everyone.

"Did you really have to let Flash DJ this thing tonight?" Lydia groaned, hearing the other room as he got set up. Liz laughed, walking past her to grab another empty bowl.

"He can be persuasive, what can I say?" Liz went quiet for a moment as Flash's music filled the house, before she turned to look at Lydia. "Hey, um...you and Peter are close, aren't you?"

"Understatement of the century, except for lately," Lydia mumbled the last part to herself, before her eyes trailed to Liz, who was now very focused on the chips in front of her. "Why, what's up?"

"He's a bit awkward...all the time, but he's really sweet..."

Lydia cocked an eyebrow, ignoring the slight drop in her stomach she felt at Liz's words, knowing exactly where this was going.

"You have a crush on Peter?"

Liz laughed, grabbing one of the drinks that Lydia had poured and moving around the front of the island counter, standing in front of her now.

"I mean, maybe?" Liz shrugged her shoulders, taking a sip of her drink. "I don't know, it's silly. He's just really sweet, not much like all the other guys around Midtown. It's nothing, I shouldn't have brought it up."

Lydia's smile dropped for a moment as she watched Liz. The little smile on her face, the way she looked down at her drink and not into Lydia's eyes. She remembered the other day, the way that Peter stared after Liz at lunch, and she ignored that sinking feeling in her stomach once again.

"Peter is a great guy, just really busy right now," Lydia forced a smile to her lips. "You'd be good together. Don't hold back, if you think you like him, then see where it goes."

The smile brightened on Liz's face as she turned, hearing the front door open and more students rush in. She gave Lydia one last look as she made her way out of the kitchen.

"You're the best!"

Lydia kept the smile on her face until Liz was completely out of her sight. Only then did she let it drop, her elbows hitting the counter as she head resting in her hands, just staring at the granite below her.

Nadia had watched the entire thing go do, having walked through the dining room and into the kitchen as it was all happening. A sad smile crossed her lips as she walked up to Lydia, resting on the counter beside her and placing a hand on Lydia's back comfortingly.