My Husband The Workaholic

My 'No Other' ringtone one went off on my phone. I look at it and see my mom is calling. I know she means well but sometimes I rather go straight home after work.

"Mom I am exhausted, I promise I will stop by tomorrow. Bye, I love you."

"Okay honey, take care of yourself. Bye" she says in her high pitched voice.

"Wait, mom tell dad I'll pick up the bench tomorrow" I said as I searched through my handbag for my keys. "Where are you keys?" I mumble as I kept searching for it. I pull it out of the bag "Found it" I breath a sigh of relief.

I opened the door but the alarm did not go off "Weird, I thought I turned it on today." I look at the keypad and everything looks like it is working. I put my bags down near the closet and go into the kitchen.

"Hi Honey" a voice says.

I run towards him with a smile then jump on him and give him a big kiss. "Why didn't you tell me that you were coming home today? I would have come home earlier and made you dinner." Then I catch a glimpse of the table "Aw babe you made dinner. Thank you."

He smiles at me and brushes my hair back with his hand "How is my wife doing?"

I get off him. "Missing you. This dinner does not make up for you not being there" I pout and turn my back towards him.

"I'm sorry."

"I wonder how many women can say that they live in the same city as their husband and have not seen him for a week."

He wraps his arms around my waist as he rests his chin on my shoulder. "Honey you know it's not my fault."

I have lost all the power to complain, this is the kind of spell Donghae has casted on me. I can't be angry at him even if I tried.

"I know, how was work?" I ask sounding defeated.

"Work was hard but I do not want to talk about it."

"My husband has been working so hard," I turn around to give him a peck on his lips.

He walks over to the cupboard filled with instant cup noodles and opens it, I rush over standing between him and the cupboard. I turn towards him "I can explain" I start.

"I told you to take care of your health."

"But when I come home from work I'm too tired to cook anything." I smile nervously as I close the cupboard behind me "I can't wait to taste the delicious food that my husband cooked." I walk to the table and sit down.

"I know what you're doing" he says.

I point to myself, "Me? What am I doing?" I ask innocently.

"Changing the subject."

I put my right hand over my heart and my left hand up "I promise to eat better so that my husband will not be worried about me while he is working."

He smiles then joins me at the table.

He picks up his chopsticks and puts a piece of stewed beef on my rice "Try this" he says.

I pick it up with my chopsticks and put it in my mouth. He watches me as I chew the food "How is it?"

After I swallow it I put my thumb up "My husband's cooking is the best."

"Really?!" He tries some of it and has a hard time swallowing the food then drinks some of his water. "Honey, does the food taste good?"

"Good? It's the best thing I have eaten since the last time you cooked."

"Liar, it's salty. You don't have to eat it if you don't want to." He puts his chopsticks down.