11. the evil behind

*Y/N'S POV*

as newt and i lay in bed, he pulls me closer and whispers to me so no one can hear. "what do you think would've happened if the boys didn't walk in on us love?". i turn over and face him. a smile grew on my face as i raise an eyebrow. "probably something that isn't PG13". i giggle as those words escape from my lips. he kisses me and grabs my lower back. i run my fingers through his air only to get interrupted my the sound of the vent opening. "y/n!". i jump up and climb down the ladder. "aris? what are you doing?". he looks at me as he climbs out from under the the bed. everyone stares at him, but newt glares. i shake my head at newt with a furious look on my face. he lays back down and looks away.

aris grabs my hand and pulls me to the vent. "something i gotta show you". as i bend down to crawl under thomas grabs my other hand. "i'm coming with you guys then". i look up at him then back down and aris. he shrugs and continues to climb in the vent. i hear newt call thomas over quickly and whisper something to him. i couldn't care at this point.

*THOMAS' POV*

newt taps my back and i leave to follow y/n and aris into the vent. "what did he says to you thomas?". she turns back and looks at me. i sigh as i don't wanna tell her. she turns back and keeps going towards the vent aris is showing us. "climb up there". i climb out first, aris next. we both help y/n out and we looks around. "what is this place aris?". he walks over to her, "i don't know. but this is where they bring the people who get called out". the door behinds us opens and we hide behind poles. 'its janson and some other guy'.

the guy flicks up something and it brings up the lady from wicked. "hello ava. everything is runny smoothly". she gets out from behind her desk and walks closer. "how are the kids from maze B? the all boys with the two girls". he laughs and looks back at the guy. "everything is going great! we just need more time for tests". she looks up at him and walks back to her chair behind the desk. "kill them if you must. just make sure they feel no pain. remember janson...wicked is good". the call ends. janson and the guy walk out of the room "get sedatives ready for the kids from maze B". we quickly climb back into the vent as get back to our room.

i climb out first and start grabbing sheets from the beds. "tommy what's going on?" newt places a hand on my back. "guys we need to leave!" y/n says as she gets out of the vent. she runs and helps me tie sheets to the door. "what's going on?". newt keeps yelling at us. i turn back and yell at everyone. "it's wicked. it's always been wicked! they're gonna try and kill us for some tests!". newt runs up to y/n and pulls her close. knocking sounds come from the door. i back away and look around. i point to the vent as aris helps everyone in.

"thomas! i know you're in there!". i close the vent and we crawl away. the door gets kicked open and it goes silent. "put the building on lockdown. NOW!". aris takes us to a vent leading us out side of the rooms. "there's something i've gotta do first. trust me!". him and winston climb back into the vent and leave. as the rest of us turn a corner a nurse stops as we stand in her way. "what are you kids doing out?". the alarms go off. i grab her by the arms and tell her to take us to teresa.

we get to the lab and she shows us to teresa. i run to her and help her up while the others guard the door. "newt...help me tie them up!". y/n says to him loudly. "frypan watch the door. minho...look intimidating". they all take part in what they're instructed to do. i help teresa out of bed and try to find a way out of here. "minho, newt!". newt and i throw a chair at the glass to climb out of. we place a blanket on the broken glass and everyone climbs over. i help teresa whole newt helps y/n. we all run towards a door.

janson and his guards follow us. "thomas get the bloody door open!". i swipe the keycard multiple times but it doesn't work. i pass it to y/n to get it to open when i start shooting at janson with the gun i found in the lab. "you're gonna run out of it soon thomas!". he yells at me. i heard the door open behind me. i look behind and see everyone runs towards winston and aris. "RUN THOMAS!". teresa and the other shout at me. i toss the gun as run towards to closing door, sliding under it before it fully closes.

"you won't survive the scorch thomas! even if you do, the cranks will get to you!". janson screams from behind the door, banging on the window. we all turn around and start running out into the scorch, alive and together.
_________
that's the end. thank you for reading this. it means so much to me!!