2. the bond-fire

"so greenie...got any ideas as to what your name might be?" the brunette says to me as i sip the drink newt passes me. i quickly spat it out. "WTF IS THIS?!", i yell, "ITS DISGUSTING!". they both laugh at me. newt turns to me, grabbing the drink from my hand. "i don't even know love. it's gally's secret recipe". i look at him with a confused expression. him and thomas turn their heads to look behind us. "over there sitting down," thomas points, "that's minho. the keeper of the runners".
"what are runners?" i say to them.
"see those walls over there? it's the maze. they run the maze, map it out to try and find a way out". newt cuts in. "they've been trying to find a way out of this shucking place for three years". my expression changes from confused to sad.

"that tall one over there," thomas points, "that's gally. keeper of the builders". i feel quite intimidated by gally. he seems scary and looks like he could screw things up for me. "what are you looking at greenie?!" 'oh damn!'. his shadow became larger as he comes closer to us. "you gotta problem greenie, say it! don't be a shuckface and hide!". my body weakens as those words come out of his mouth. i gulp and look around to see all eyes on me and gally. "slim it shuckhead! give her a break". minho says from behind us. i step over the log and shove past gally which clearly pisses him off. he pushes me back, causing me to hit my head against the log.

i stand up and laugh, confusing the boys. "i remember!" i scream at them "my name...my name is y/n!" they all cheer besides the builders. two sets of arms warp around me almost making me topple over. it was thomas and newt. i feel safe in their arms. they give me comfort and safety. "well, y/n. welcome to the glade!" thomas says in my ear, while newt says in the other, "y/n is a beautiful name." i smile at the ground as both boys let go of me.

*NEWT'S POV*
i smile at her. i get butterflies every time she looks in my direction. y/n seems like one of a kind. she makes me happy even tho i've only known her a day, but i haven't been happy in a long time. i look over at thomas to see him blushing at her. jealousy filled my veins but it suddenly disappears as she looks at me. "well i'm ready for bed. mind walking me to my bed newt?" i look at her and give her a nod and hold out my hand. she takes it and i walk her to the bed she'll be sleeping in, which fortunately is right next to mine.

as we walk into homestead she gets into bed and looks at me. "newt?" i look at her while brushing her (h/c) hair out of her face,
"yes love?" she looks into my brown eyes as if she's reading into my soul. "just so you know, i'm not interested in thomas. so you don't need to get jealous again." a small chuckle escapes from my mouth. i look into her eyes, then her lips. slowly kissing her forehead i think about what she just said, smiling at the thought of it. "goodnight y/n."
_______________
authors words:
sorry this chapter is kinda boring. it's like 3am. but i'll try and make the next chapters more entertaining for you all! :)