6. the escape

*Y/N'S POV*

i woke as lights and shadows fill the pit. i look up to see minho and newt staring at us from above. "why are we in here?" i asked teresa as she stroked thomas' hair. he's still unconscious recovering from the sting. an accented voice says from above me with sadness, "gally has everyone convinced that you guys are responsible for this". i look back up at them and shut my eyes as a tear rolls down my cheek. i let out a soft sigh. "he's not wrong newt". he looks at me to see if he can detect a lie, but nothing. he slips a hand threw the bars for me the reach. i grasp onto it and he pulls it up and kisses it gently. "what do you mean love?". i face down at the ground, wiping my tear that were uncontrollably slipping from my eyes

"we were apart of wicked". i softly say. "all three of us were". he looks into my (e/c) eyes and smiles at me. minho places a hand on newt's back and looks at me. "i don't care if you worked for them love. you helped try to keep everyone here safe. that's all that matters!". i sigh in relief, releasing my gripping from newt. i turn back to teresa and thomas. i sit back onto the uncomfortable ground and face the two beside me. thomas suddenly gasps for air and looks over at us two girls. a smile appears on teresa's face, only making me gag on the inside. "i know how to get out of here guys". he says looking up at minho and newt. "but you two are gonna need to help us!". i raise an eyebrow at him, confused by what he just said to us. i look up at the two boys then back at thomas, waiting for him to explain his plan.

*NEWT'S POV*

his plan was bloody brilliant! i turn to look at minho, he nods in response. "we're in!".
"same with me". teresa mutters. i look down at y/n to see her response. she was thinking it over, to see if it was logical enough. it was written on her face. the pit went silent for a minute or two as she thinks. "love?" i ask her, "you in or not?". she looks around the room then up at me, she nods. i look behind to see gally's boys start heading our direction. minho and i quickly run off to stay out of the way. i was worried about y/n. she was all that was on my mind. minho looks over at me and places his hand on both my shoulders. "she's gonna be ok newt! y/n is as tough as nail". he wasn't wrong. she was as tough as nails. i was still worried though. "this is called love newt". he laughs at me, "you love her so you're obviously gonna be worried!". he wasn't wrong about that either.

*MINHO'S POV* (finally i know)

newt looks terrified even though i just reassured him y/n was safe. she's tough. that's why everyone likes her. "it's time minho". we walk over to where everyone was gathering to banish the three of them. teresa and y/n are tied up and thomas was 'unconscious'. two boys throw thomas to the ground, while other tie the girls to poles. newt gives me a look, i nod back at him to get into position. "i know you're terrified! but we have no one else to blame but these three here!". gally shouts to everyone. he stands next to y/n and glares at her. we were waiting for her signal. she looks over to me and gives me a nod.

i grab the spears from chuck and hits both of the boys near thomas. newt runs over to the girls and cuts them free. thomas gets up from the ground and gets us over to the wall. we all run over to the wall, holding knives and spears. "we have to leave!" thomas shouts. "it's not safe here!". gally glade at him while point at him, "no! we were safe until those two arrived thomas!". the girls hide behind newt and thomas as gally talks shuck about them. y/n comes from behind newt, still holding his hand yelling to the others in front of us. "you can come with us, where we'll get to safety!" she says loudly. she looks back at newt and sighs. "or you can stay here, where the grievers and who knows what else will keep coming back!".

*THOMAS' POV*

a few boys walk towards us. frypan, jeff, winston, chuck, mike, jason and some others. no one else stepped forward. we all turned our backs and walked into the maze. y/n stood there, looking back at gally. "are you sure you don't wanna come?". she says holding her hand out him or any others. they all shake their heads and walk back towards the middle of the glade. she closer her hand as it falls by her side and walks towards newt waiting for her. he wraps an arm over her shoulder and kisses her forehead. they quickly walk to catch up with us, so we can all walk off together.
_____________
this part was really interesting to write i think. to get minho's pov finally really helped.
so thomas is still a bit jealous i see. next part will be them making their way to the exit!

qotd: if newt wasn't endgame in this story (which he definitely is btw) who would you want it to be?

answer: probably thomas🤷🏻‍♀️

remember shanks, stay weird💗