Chapter 15. Welcome to Paris

When we return back to the same place from where it all started and this time to end our past, that is when you understand. It will be all over.

~♥~

The fresh cold breeze of morning hit my face directly as I closed my eyes to take in the beauty of nature. Well, if you get up early then you can definitely witness a beautiful scenery to start your day.

Few rays of sun peeped behind the tattered clouds which hid the sun like  curtains. There were still few stars in the sky, the pastel colours made it look mesmerizing. Between all the chaos in my life, I forgot how I always used to adore nature.

My lips curved up into a soft smile, sometimes nature is all you need. It is said that nature is the purest portal of inner peace, true that.

I had always been an astrophile, I always had some wierd fantasies with stars and planets.

I just found it fascinating, the colours specially. It is just soothing.

I even had a bucket list in past! But now I feel I lost the essence of innocence I had in myself. Somewhere I lost my inner kid which would get excited just by seeing one or two fireflies.

I would have loved to continue this self talk but here came Ashton breaking my chain of thoughts. I sighed, he is again late!

I wonder how come people say that he is a perfectionist, and someone who hates people who are not punctual.

See who is punctual now! He is ten minutes late and we were flying to Paris today.

" Hey Alaia " he greeted me in a chirpy voice.

I guess it is the first time he is in such a good mood or he roams around sulking like a grumpy kid.

"  Good morning sir "

He gestured me to get inside the car, I took my suitcase and with help of Henry, I kept it inside the dickey.

" Good morning Henry. All good? " I asked, closing the dickey with a thud. I turned around and looked at him.

" Good morning Alaia. Yes, it's all good " he smiled and I reciprocated.

I got inside the car and Henry started driving, I looked outside the window. There was an awkward silence in the car, well I was habituated to it now.

A soft sigh escaped from my lips, I am damn sure, the whole ride will go on like this. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard someone clearing their throat.

I gasped. Wow, I am proved wrong. He will utter few words during the ride!

It won't turn into awkward silence!

I turned around to face him. He was already looking at me intently with some unknown emotion in his eyes.

His gaze sent shiver down my spine, those green eyes were so deep that you could drown into them. They spoke louder than the words.

" Alaia you can sleep, we need energy for the meeting. Plus you woke up early for all the arrangements " He said still looking into my eyes, I had to back off. I knew he would never back off from this staring game so I did.

" No sir, it's OK" I answered monotonously and turned around to outside the window again.

I could see him frown from corner of my eyes, well maybe because of coldness I had in my words. In last few days, many things have changed.

I could sense his emotions changing too, well we women can understand men's emotions better than they do.

It is just to tease them that we are unaware of everything where in reality we know very well what they feel.