15.) The Ceremony

"Wake up, my love." Rosé whispers into your ear, pressing soft kisses to your neck until you begin stirring in your sleep.

"5 more minutes," you grumble, bringing the blanket up to cover your face.

"Today's a big day, we have to get ready!" She reasons, sliding the cover down as she moves to straddle you. She lets the warm material pool around her hips, and you just sigh and put a pillow over your face. The curtains are doing little to shield you from the bright sunlight of the morning, and your eyes are far too sensitive to be exposed so early.

"If I have to drag you out of this bed then I will." She warns, putting her hands on your abdomen. Her nails lightly skim over your skin as she flexes her fingers, making goosebumps appear.

"I'll make you go back to your old room if you do that," you retort, putting the pillow back down as you glare at her.

"That's fine," she smirks, shrugging nonchalantly, "you'll just sneak in there when you start to miss me."

"This is slander," you pout, though you know she's right. Having her by your side just feels right, and you'd grow bored without her.

"I make no apologies, My Queen." She drawls the new title out, testing how it feels on her tongue. Her hips twitch involuntarily as you shift beneath her, subconsciously attempting to get comfortable. The heat radiating from between her thighs comes in waves, keeping you warm.

"Don't do that." You groan, hiding behind your hands.

"What?"

"Don't start something that we don't have time to finish right now."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she innocently says, pulling your hands down and guiding them to rest on her smooth thighs as she leans forward to kiss you.

"Roseanne--"

"It's Queen, to you," she corrects, an authoritative tone taking over her once-sweet voice.

"Not yet it isn't; we still have a couple more hours. But fine, I'll entertain your idea, Queen Roseanne," you say, flipping her over. She looks up into your eyes as you brush her hair out of her face, admiring her beauty. "Let's go." She squeals as you quickly scoop her up and carry her towards the bathroom, ready to get prepared for the day ahead.

----

Royal Ceremonies

"Today we gather before you not only to celebrate the destined union of these two beautiful souls, but also the claiming of a birthright that's been 23 years in the making."

In the heart of the city, where the land resembles an amphitheater, you stand in front of Rosé with a bright smile tugging at your cheeks. She mirrors your actions as her hold on your hands tightens affectionately, giving them three squeezes as a silent way to say I love you.

You blush as the crowd of citizens shout their praise, cheering and clapping to show their support. They really love you, and the impact that you've made on their lives is something they don't take lightly.

"As you've been informed, King Kwan has fallen ill, though we still remain hopeful for his full recovery. Ever the wise ruler, he created a plan in case something of this type were to happen; he relinquishes his right to rule to his daughter. Should he wake up, he will serve on her council, but allow her to remain in control of the kingdom. He asks that we send her into this new journey with love and acceptance, as we always have."

You look out into the crowd and see rows and rows of your family's crest, the familiar design etched into banners, flags, blankets, etc. They're holding the materials high with proud looks on their faces, and the sight takes some of the pressure off of you.