10.) Caught

A Week Later

"Y/N, I'm fine."

"5...4...3...2..." you begin, only to be cut off by Amelia's sputtering coughs, proving the point you're trying to make.

"You're not fine, and it's my job to help you. You took care of us, so it's time we repay the favor." You logically reason, letting your gaze rake over her sad frame. She's tucked away in her bed, weighed down by numerous blankets and surrounded by various home remedies.

"It's too dangerous for you to go out there, and this is just a bad cold. I've had it before; it's nothing that I can't handle."

"I'm not gonna sit here and watch my best friend suffer for no reason. I'll be careful," you say, adding a soft, "I promise," to reassure her even further.

"Do you really have such little faith in the almighty Y/N, Amelia?" Rosé playfully joins in, coming up to hug you from behind as she rests her head on your shoulder.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," Amelia shakes her head with a tiny smile, though her nervousness is still incredibly clear to see.

"We'll be back before you know it." You smile, hoping the action will work to reassure her to some extent. You bend down and hug her close to your body, despite her protests for you to save yourself from getting sick.

She flips herself over onto her stomach as you approach the door, Rosé's hand clutched in your own.

"Love you, loser. Don't get yourselves killed, please." Her farewell is slightly muffled, seeing as how her face is buried in her pillow, seeking the coolness it offers to her heated skin, but you still manage to make out what she said.

"Love you, too. Don't die before we get back," you tease with a smirk, chuckling when she throws a hand in the air at you. "Hank will take care of you," you add, waving at him before tugging Rosé out of the house.

----

In Capitol City

A loud huff from Rosé sounds off above you, making you look up at her as you finish latching the bottom few buttons of the long cloak you just bought her.

"What?" You ask with a smile.

"Why do I have to wear this? It's so uncomfortable and plain." She sulks, pouting her lips at you.

"The alternative is having a higher chance of being spotted," you remind her, standing up to be level with her again. "You blend in a little better in this, but you should really blame yourself; if you weren't so gorgeous you might not have to wear it."

"Even after landing me you're still just as much of a flirt as ever," she laughs now, fixing the lapels of your shirt before pulling you in closer.

"I'm just stating facts, babe," you hold your hands up to show your innocence, smiling like an idiot all the while. "Now come on, there's a shop in the market that we need to get to."

She nods and tugs the hood down over her head, further concealing her identity.

-----

Medicinal Store, Capitol City

A small bell dings overhead as you enter the store, straining against the rickety and worn pulley that it's attached to. A kind, "I'll be with you in just a moment," sounds off somewhere out of view, letting you know it's okay to come in.

You take a look around the familiar place, letting your eyes trail across the shelves that you've seen a million times and the counter you remember paying at. It's all the same, and that brings you a sort of comfort, for some reason.