Part 11

Because you weren't fully healed by the time Belle's birthday came along, you had to stay in the hospital. You pushed for Belle to continue to have her party, but she didn't want to.

"I want you to be there," Belle said, thus warming your heart.

So, when Belle's birthday came, Bucky, Nat, Steve, Sam, and his family spread around you in the hospital room all talking, eating pizza, and laughing. Bucky never left your side. He held your hand throughout the entire day and you were grateful.

"Present time!" Nat said as she held up some gift bags. Belle squealed and you laughed as you pulled her up on the bed with you. Everyone set down something in front of Belle and she bounced on her cute little butt with excitement.

She looked to you for permission and you nodded, "Go ahead, sweetheart." She immediately dove into the presents. Wrapping paper flying into the air going left and right. You, Bucky, and everyone else laughed as Belle squealed for everything she received.

"Thank you everyone!" She exclaimed.

Bucky stood, "I'll be back, okay?" You looked at him curiously, but he gave you a reassuring smile, "It's okay. I promise." You nodded and told him to take his time.

Twenty minutes later, Bucky walked back into the room with a box in hand. He set it down onto the bed and picked Belle up setting her onto the bed once more, "Happy birthday, baby girl." He sat back down on his chair and watched as Belle opened the box.

"A PUPPY!" she exclaimed.

"Oh no," you said outloud looking at Bucky.

Bucky shrugged, "I just had to."

Belle faced you and held up the Golden Labrador puppy, "Look, mommy!"

"Aaaww. Isn't she cute? What are you gonna name her?"

"Hmmm...Dolly!"

Bucky nodded, Dolly it is."

You began laughing as Belle hopped off the bed and began to dance around the room with Dolly. Then something started to feel strange. You began to start having trouble breathing. Your heart beat began to increase at a rapid rate.

Bucky stood up immediately, "Y/N?" Nurses and Doctor Cho immediately stormed into the room.

"Everyone out!"

Belle ran to Bucky, "What's happening?" Her eyes wide with panic.

Bucky picked held her hand, "I don't know, sweetheart." They both hesitantly exited the room and watched as the nurses and Doctor Cho began working on you.

______________________

30 minutes later, your breathing and heart rate was stable. Nat had brought Belle home and Bucky and Steve waited for any word.

Doctor Cho stepped out and softly smiled, "She's okay. Her lung collapsed again, but she's stable."

Bucky stepped forward, "Thank you, Doc." Doctor Cho nodded then walked away.

Steve pat Bucky on the shoulder, "Go ahead. I'll go tell Belle and Nat what's up." Bucky nodded and re-entered the room. Your eyes were closed and your chest rose and fell with every breath.

"Bucky?" you breathed out.

Bucky settled into the chair once more, "I'm here, doll." He took your hand in his and kissed it, "You scared me there for a moment."

"I'm sorry," you mumbled.

He shook his head, "Don't be. It's not your fault."

"Hey, Bucky?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm falling in love with you again." You mumbled and looked down in shame.

Bucky chuckled, "No need to look so sad about it."

You began to laugh and then winced, "Ugh. Okay. No more laughing for me."

"Yeah, definitely not. You need to get better soon so we could have a do-over date."

You nodded, "That's sounds nice." Your eyes started to drift close, but they fluttered open when you heard Bucky's soft laughter, "What?"

"They really got your drugged up, huh?"

"Mhm." Bucky leaned forward and kissed your head, "Go ahead and sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

"Mk," you mumbled, "Love you." Then drifted off to sleep.

Bucky was smiling and his heart felt so full, "I love you too, Y/N."