Part 8

The car ride was filled with idle chat and exchanged chuckles. The nervousness that both parties have felt in the beginning started to fade away. They both were starting to become comfortable again.

Bucky drove up to a restaurant that you realized was in the upper side of town. You looked at him wide eyed with questioning gaze. He smiled in amusement, "I have connections, doll. Don't worry. A friend owed me a favor."

Your door opened as the valet came into view offering a hand to help you out. you thanked him as your feet hit the pavement. Bucky came to your side and you hooked your arm around his looking at the restaurant, "Okay, who exactly is your friend?" You asked walking in.

Bucky smiled then greeted the hostess at the podium, "Good evening. Reservations for Barnes?"

The woman checked his name on the computer then nodded, "Yes! Welcome! And Mr. Stark has offered to pay for your meal tonight as well as picked out some specialty wine for the both of you."

Your jaw dropped, "Wait, Tony Stark as in Stark Inc.? One of the biggest tech companies in the world?!"

Bucky pulled you along as he followed the hostess to your table, "Yeah. Helped him out a couple years ago. Kind of a dick sometimes, but he has good intentions."

He slid your chair out for you, then slid it in as you sat down, "Hm. Looks like chivalry isn't dead." You said playfully and he shot you a wink.

A waiter filled your glasses with the wine Tony had picked as you spoke, "So, what have you been up to for the past 7 years?"

"Well, I was in the army, as you know, then I went into the police force. I live with Stevie, and I still can't believe he's been hiding you from me for 7 years. I'm on a date with the most beautiful woman ever who's the mother of my wonderful daughter."

You rolled your eyes, "Okay, smartass. Have you picked up any hobbies since then?"

"Maybe."

You leaned closer, "Tell me."

Bucky chuckled, "Okay, but don't laugh. Alright?"

"No promises."

"Y/N," he warned you.

"Okay! I won't. Now spill!"

"I paint." He blurted out anxiously.

Your blank expression grew into a smile, "Really? Do you have any pictures?" Bucky nodded and pulled out his phone pulling up a picture of a painting he recently did. It was a smiling child surrounded by sunflowers, "Is that Belle?"

Bucky nodded, "Yeah. I did that a couple nights ago. I couldn't sleep, so I just painted."

You handed the phone back to him, "That's beautiful. You should show it to her. She'd love it."

"Actually, I was planning on giving it to her for her birthday."

"She'd love it. Also, are you really getting her a puppy?"

Bucky laughed, "Only if you give me permission, since it'll be staying with you."

"I think you should. Belle's been getting lonely and I think she needs a friend. Plus," you bit your lip in hesitation, but then proceeded, "Plus it'd give you an excuse to come by more often."

Bucky's eyebrows rose in surprise, "Do you want me to come by more often?"

You looked down in embarrassment, "Maybe," you mumbled.

Bucky smirked, "You're falling for me, aren't you, doll?"

You frowned and rolled your eyes, "I didn't even say that! How did you even come to that?"