Part 10

When Bucky walked into your home, he was immediately greeted to Isabelle, "Dad!"

He put on a fake smile and hugged his daughter, "Hey, sweetheart. Did you and Wanda have a good time."

Belle nodded, "Yeah. It was fun. Where's mommy?"

Bucky sighed and pulled Belle to the living room and sat down on the couch, her next to him, "Isabelle, your mother and I were in an accident last night."

Belle's face suddenly filled with concern, "What? Is she okay?"

"She got hurt. Really badly. So bad they had to make her sleep for a while. We don't know when she'll wake up."

Belle began to cry, "I wanna see her. I wanna see mommy." Tears cascaded down her precious cheeks.

Bucky bent down and wiped her tears, "Ssssshhh. Don't cry. I'll bring you to her. Okay? Go get dressed and we'll go."

"Can Wanda come too?" Belle whispered.

Bucky looked at Wanda and nodded, "Yeah. Wanda can come with us."

______________________

When Bucky, Wanda, and Belle got off the elevator, Belle's eyes immediately landed on Nat and she bolted towards the woman, "Auntie Nat!"

Nat looked towards the young girl and opened her arms to embrace the crying child, "Hey, hey. It's okay. You're mom's okay."

Bucky and Wanda caught up to them, "What's going on?"

The four of them looked through the window and watched as Doctor Cho spoke with Steve, "Cho's just updating Steve on Y/N's condition. I'm not allowed because I'm not the emergency contact or family. Steve's her contact."

Seconds later, Doctor Cho stepped out giving Bucky a nod and the four of them entered the room. Belle cautiously walked towards your sleeping form. Wanda went across the room and just observed quietly.

Bucky stood next to her resting his hands on her shoulders, "See? She's here. Just has some boo boos. That's all."

Belle looked up at Bucky, "Kiss, daddy. If you kiss her, she'll wake up."

Bucky sadly smiled down at the hopeful girl, "That's not how it works, baby. It takes more than a kiss to wake someone up."

Nat sat down at the chair placed next to the bed and pulled Belle onto her lap just chatting with her and answering what ever questions the little girl had.

Bucky pulled Steve outside the room, "I'm gonna be staying at Y/N's while she's still here. So I can watch Belle and keep up with things at her place."

Steve nodded, "Okay. I called her work earlier to let them know what happened. So you don't have to worry about that."

Bucky hung his head down, "Belle's birthday is in a day. What are we going to do? Celebrating won't feel right without Y/N."

"I know what you mean." Steve glanced at Nat with Belle, "We'll just ask Belle and see what she wants. Then we'll go from there."

Bucky just watched Belle. She was just talking to Nat. A small smile appeared on her face here and there. Bucky shook his head, "I don't know how Y/N did it. Being a single mother. I know she had you and Nat, but still. I can't imagine it being easy."

"It wasn't. The first couple months were hard on her, but she got the swing of things. She's a strong woman. She can get through anything."

______________________

Voices. You heard voices but you couldn't really hear what they were saying. They were mumbled and faint. There were more than one you knew that.

You mentally screamed at yourself to wake up. Follow the voices and the small hint of light you saw in the darkness.

"Do you think mommy will wake up soon?"

"I know she will. And when she does, you'll be the first person she'll see."

Belle? Belle!

Your eyes shot open and the heart monitor began to beep more rapidly.

"Mommy!" Belle climbed onto the bed and hugged you.

"Hi, princess," you rasped out, your throat was very dry.

Bucky and Steve ran into the room. Bucky rushed up to your side, "Oh thank goodness. You're awake."

"What happened?" you coughed out. Bucky quickly poured you a cup of water then handed it to you. You gulped the water. The coolness felt amazing against your dry throat. You cleared your throat, "I felt like I was hit by a bus."

Bucky's lips twitched upward, "Sorta. You got hit by a car. You hit your head, got stabbed with glass shards, got a punctured lung, and broke some ribs."

You winced, "Fun."

Belle clung onto you, "You're okay, mommy."

You kissed her head, "Yeah, baby. I'm okay." You made eye contact with a worried Bucky, "Are you okay?"

He chuckled, "I was a mess, doll. I'm glad you didn't die on me before you could admit that you fell for me again."

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, okay. Whatever."

"Seriously though. I'm glad you're okay, Y/N." Bucky leaned over and kissed you on the head.

You hummed at the warmth of his lips on your cold skin, "Me too, Buck."