Part 7

Bucky dropped you off and helped put Belle to bed. Now you two were standing at the front door in awkward silence.

Bucky was staring at you with such softness and you didn't know what to do, "Sooo, uh, about that date-"

"Do you not wanna-"

"I DO!" Bucky smirked and you regained yourself, "I mean, yes, I still do. I was just gonna ask when's the most convenient for you since you're a cop and all."

Bucky smiled biting his lip, "I think Sunday night I'll be free. Hopefully."

You nodded, "Yeah, Sunday. That sounds good. I'll have Wanda babysit since she doesn't work Sundays."

Bucky smiled wide, "Great." He leaned in and kissed you on the cheek, "See ya around, doll."

You chuckled, "That damn nickname-"

"You love it." Bucky walked down the steps and waved at you one last time before getting into his car, "G'night Y/N!"

"Night!" As soon as you closed your door, you rested your forehead against the wood, "I'm in deep shit."

Bucky slipped into his car and just sat there. He slapped his steering wheel multiple times, "Hell yeah!" He then started his car and went on his merry way.

_____________________

"You're what?!" Nat asked as she watched you pace around her office.

"Please don't make me say it again."

"I can't believe it. I mean, I had a feeling it would happen, but still!"

You paused your pace and looked at her, "Wait, you had a feeling?"

Nat smirked, "Yeah, I'm good at predicting this kind of stuff. Anyway, back to you. You're falling for him again AND you're going on a date with him? Doesn't this seem like it's going too fast?"

You groaned and sat at the chair on the other side of Nat's desk, "I don't know! It's been so long since I've done this and felt this way for him. I honestly thought my feelings for him were looong gone, but, obviously, I WAS WRONG!" You rested your head on the wooden desk, "I need some wine."

"You're what?!" Steve asked as he and Bucky patrolled the neighborhood in their cop car.

Bucky was, once again, smiling from ear to ear, "We're going on a date! Steve, I can see it. She's falling for me again. I feel like I'm on cloud nine! God!" Bucky was bouncing in his seat, "It feels like when I first met her and I asked her out. It feels amazing, Stevie!"

Steve laughed at how giddy his friend was. It was like a kid in a candy store, "Alright. Calm down. Do you know where you're gonna take her?"

"I was thinking La Amour-"

"No."

Bucky looked at his friend in surprise, "Why not?"

"That was your guys' favorite restaurant."

"Exactly! I-"

"Don't go down memory lane. Make new memories. If you remind her of back then, then you're going to bring up what happened and there goes your chance. So don't do it."

Bucky nodded, "Okay, fine. Then what am I supposed to do?"

Steve smiled, "I have some ideas."

_____________________

Sunday was here and you were freaking out. Bucky had called saying that he'd pick you up at 6. You'd asked Wanda to come by your house around 4pm because you were a mess.

"I don't know what to wear! Should I go casual? Should I go formal? Semi-formal? Hair up or down? Lots of makeup? Little makeup? Help me!" You exclaimed as Wanda and Belle watched you from your bed.

Belle walked past you and into your walk-in closet. She went through your dresses and pulled out one you bought on a whim. It was a simple red dress that had a sweetheart neckline and a skirt that sort of poofed a bit. It looked vintage and that's why you bought it.

"I like this one." Belle said simply.

Wanda's eyes widened, "Yes! Oh my gosh! Good choice, Pokey!"

Belle ran back inside of the closet and came out with simple black heels, "And these!"

You laughed, "Wow, Belle. Such a fashionista." You looked at the clock 4:30. You took a deep breath, "Okay, he's going to be here in an hour and a half. I gotta get ready!"

Within 15 minutes you were in and out of the shower. You sat in front of your vanity while Wanda did your makeup, occasionally stopping to ask Belle which shades to use. Overall, you went with a simple look: foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, and red lipstick.

"Beautiful!" Belle exclaimed.

Wanda nodded, "Yup! Gorgeous!"

You smiled, "Thanks, girls." The doorbell rang and you looked at the time 5:45. Your eyes widened in shock, "He's early!"

Wanda hurried you, "Hurry up and get dressed! Pokey! Open the door!" Belle nodded and ran downstairs.

_____________________

Bucky waited nervously at your door as it flew open to reveal Belle. Bucky smiled wide, "Hey, princess."

"Daddy!" She threw herself at him and he laughed.

"Woah! Careful! Don't want to hurt you with this flowers!"

"Those are pretty! Are they for mommy?"

Bucky chuckled, "Yeah. But I also have something for you too." From behind his back, he pulled out a Judy Hopps plush.

Belle squealed and snatched the plush from his hands, "Judy Hopps! I love it! Thank you, daddy!"

"What's with the commotion?" You asked as you walked down the stairs.

Belle stopped and took Bucky's hand dragging him closer to stairs. Bucky stared in awe as you walked down all dolled up.

You stepped down from the last step and smiled at Bucky, "Hi."

Bucky gulped, "H-Hi. Wow. You look...wow."

You giggled, "Rendered you speechless, have I?" You took your chance and observed bucky. He was wearing a navy blue button-up with black slacks and a black blazer. His hair was slicked back. He looked extremely handsome.

Belle looked back and forth from you to Bucky. She then held up her new toy, "Daddy got you flowers! And kook what he got me!" she shoved the toy into your face.

You chuckled, "Woah, woah. Calm down, sweetie." You looked back at Bucky, "Thank you. You didn't have to."

"I wanted to. You girls deserve the best." Bucky said sheepishly.

Wanda then cleared her throat, "Alrighty! You two get going! Belle and I are going to watch some movies!"

"No watching Deadpool!" You immediately exclaimed.

In unison, Belle and Wanda both said, "Aaawww" in defeat.

Bucky laughed and rested a hand on the small of your back, "Be good for Wanda, sweetheart."

"I will, daddy! Bye mommy!"

You kissed Belle on the cheek, "Don't stay up late and don't eat too much ice cream."

Belle nodded, "Okay."

With that, you two stepped out and towards Bucky's car. He opened the door for you and you thanked him as you slid in. He then jogged to the driver's side and hopped in.

"So, where are we goin'?" You asked.

Bucky shot you a smile, "Don't worry, doll. You're gonna love it."