Chapter 4

“Hey, do you mind if I eat lunch with you?” You asked a guy sitting at a lone table in the lunch room. Everyone sat isolated away from him as if he had a cold or something. He didn’t really say anything for approval besides a low, but audible, grunt. Figuring it was cool with him; you sat down at the table and pulled out your bento box. The guy gave off an ‘unapproachable’ aura, like if you were to tick him off he wouldn’t be afraid to bite.

In your box was rice, grilled chicken, broccoli and a cherry-candy for your sweet tooth. It was designed like a panda bear with a bright red nose, the nose of course being your candy. Food had always been an enjoyable activity for you. Making it was fun but, sitting down with others is what you liked the best. Sharing a meal with someone was just as satisfying as making it. Working at a bakery/candy store helped you with making food and designing it too. You were the pastry ‘designer’ and you loved it.

“Mm! Sorry, I’m [M! Name], class 2A.” You greeted awkwardly, feeling rather rude for not doing so earlier.

“Kasanoda, 1D. (right?  ._.;)” he muttered looking away, shyly if you may. You smiled to yourself; although he did appear ‘tough and unapproachable’ he was actually perfectly harmless. Grabbing your fork, yes fork! How to properly use chop-sticks was basically non-excitant for you and you weren’t ashamed to say so either! You heard a growl and Kasanoda’s face turned beet red.

You smiled and almost giggled, but thankfully you caught yourself.

“Here.” You mused pushing the bento box over towards Kasanoda,

“I don’t… I don’t mind sharing.” You blushed, and hard too. ‘F@$&!!’ You mentally cursed, hopefully this blushing won’t blow your cover!

“Ah! But, you can’t have the candy! That’s mine!” You added quickly, taking the hard candy nose out of the bento, recovering from your blush. You weren’t sure if you were trying to flirt or just be nice?

You stabbed a piece of chicken with your fork and handed it him, hoping he would take it. His lips twitched in the slightest upwards before taking the fork you offered him. “T-Thank you.”

You had spent your whole lunch eating and making small talk with Kasanoda and the conversations were nice.

“You really don’t like fish?” He asked,

 “Well, honestly I never tried it. I just think it smells, so I refuse to try it.” You said visibly becoming whiter at the thought of fish smell. He only laughed at your response, seemingly not as tense as he was 20 minutes ago.

“How… How would like to play kick the can sometime?!”

“Kick the can?! I love that, sure I’ll play!” Your response lightened him up, hell you were happy someone else knew what kick the can was! You haven’t played that in years! You laughed to yourself, ‘I’m actually surprised someone at this school knows about that game.’ You thought.

“Okay! How –?” he was cut off by the twins, Honey and Takashi ‘capturing’ you, of course you didn’t know it was them. Whoever it was holding your arms behind your back, they blindfolded you.

“Gah! Let go!” you shouted and squirmed, “Okay, Boss! We got em’!”

“Mission accomplished~!” Honey exclaimed. “hn” Mori added.

You immediately stopped moving knowing who it was.

“Oh, hey Bossa-nova.” Hikaru casually said, you wished this blindfold was off just so you could see Kassanoda’s face when Hikaru called him ‘Bossa-nova.’ Was that his nickname?