Take My Jacket

The precinct was packed with people in various stages of dress. The bullpen was in total chaos for it being 2am on a Sunday night or in reality Monday morning. Phones ringing and shouts of "I wanna talk to my lawyer" and "I didn't do anything" filled the air. There had been a major bust of a prostitution ring that had been trafficking young women. SVU had been working for months on infiltrating and bringing down the pimps who ran it.

Rafael was less than thrilled to have been woken up by a call from Olivia in the middle of the night, asking him to come down to the precinct to provide some much needed legal guidance and perspective on the whole situation. Entering the bullpen, he sidestepped a young girl in a micro mini skirt who couldn't have been older than 15 and nearly bumped into Carisi, who was still wearing his "undercover glasses." "Who does he think he is, Clark Kent??" Barba thought to himself and rolled his eyes.

"Barba!" Rafael turned and saw the lieutenant walking towards him wearing leather pants and a turquoise leopard print top. "That must be her go to undercover outfit," having seen her in a similar outfit at a prior undercover operation. "I'm glad you're here. Wait for me in my office while I get an update from Fin on one of our victims." Rafael nodded and made a beeline towards her office. "Terrific, what was the point of coming down here if all I am going to do is wait." Barba was more than happy to get the bad guy and justice for innocent victims, but at 2 in the morning, he was feeling extra snarky.

All sarcastic thoughts were forgotten the minute he stepped into Olivia's office and saw you dressed in a rather risque outfit listening in on a conversation being had in one of the interrogation rooms. You glanced over your shoulder at the intrusion and smiled, "Evening counselor." Rafael cleared his throat and tried not to stare too long at your perfect ass which at the moment was barely being concealed by your tight dress. "Detective," he mumbled as he went over to stand next to you.

You were the newest detective with SVU. From the moment you entered his office with the squad and introduced yourself, Rafael was hooked. At first it was a physical attraction, you were the most beautiful woman Rafael had ever seen. As the months went on, Rafael's attraction to you became more than just physical. You were funny, smart, incredibly sweet and compassionate, and you certainly could hold your own, especially when it came to defending the victim. Rafael was bewitched by you. He felt like he was in high school all over again the way you made him feel. Rafael always prided himself on how suave and confident he was. Even when it came to wooing women in the past, he was always smooth and seductive, but you were different. With you, he felt like a bumbling mess, Rafael was unusually quiet in your presence or trying not to get caught staring at you while the team brainstormed over their newest case.

Rafael tried as best he could to nonchalantly look at you out of his peripheral vision. He licked his lips as he took in your supple form. "Fuck, she has curves in all the right places. The things I would do to her." Rafael thought to himself. You tossed your hair behind your shoulder giving Rafael a delicious whiff of your perfume as he looked at the cascading waves falling down your back.

You could feel his stare and smiled to yourself. You were enamored with the sexy powerful Cuban lawyer. His commanding presence at trials, his desire to really make a difference, and not to mention those hypnotic green eyes made you weak in the knees. At first you had assumed he didn't care for you, that you were just someone new to bug him. Rafael was so striking and confident in the courtroom and with the rest of your squad, but with you, nothing. It was as if he was completely indifferent to your existence. It wasn't until the fourth time you caught him staring at you one day, blush creeping up his face as he fidgeted with his tie, that made you think that maybe he wasn't as uninterested as you thought he was.