Drunk Love

“Because maybe I like you more than just a friend or a co – worker,” it came out as barely a murmur, although I had intended to all but shout it at him.

The rain was falling heavy by then. But I wasn’t getting cold, the alcohol had left me hot and with a pleasant buzz running through my veins. Tears were streaming down my face, barely visible through the rain and the night. And I stood there in front of him, soaked from running all the way in the rain.

“I-” under any other circumstances, I would never have done anything as stupid as kiss him. But by then, I would blame it on the last shot of tequila.

I leaped up onto the tips of my toes and kissed him, really kissed him, the way I’ve been wanting to since the day I met him. But I pulled away, noticing when he hadn’t reacted to me. He stood frozen when I looked at him again, looking down at me with his eyes half open and his lips slightly parted.

“Rafael!” my smile fell faster than I could process the voice of the woman who had called him. I took a shaky step back, almost slipping on the step.

“(Y/N), no, it’s not-” he started to protest, reaching for me.

“Rafael?” the voice of the woman called again, and then I spotted Yelina over Rafael’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry I interrupted your night,” my voice cracked as I stared at the two with wide eyes, shock and pain flooded through my entire body. I stumbled a few more steps backwards then turned and started walking away.

I could hear Rafael calling out for me behind my back, but I didn’t stop.

My chest felt tight and uncomfortable. My legs were shaky and sore, barely carrying me.

I collapsed against the brick wall of a local store, the rain still pouring down on me as I hugged my knees to my chest and shook as I sobbed.

I wanted one thing in this world, and as it turns out, I can’t even have that.

I knew I would be sick in the morning, but all I wanted to do in that moment was to crawl into a dark hole and never come out. I lulled my head back and it hit the wall behind me. My eyes shut as I tried to calm down. The tears and raindrops running down the side of my face in a mix.

I didn’t know if I was more hurt knowing he doesn’t want me or more embarrassed at the fact that I thought he would ever want me.

I jumped when someone sat down beside me, looking over at them.

“Hey,” Sonny barely whispered, a gentle smile on his lips. I sighed, leaning my head onto his shoulder. He slung his arm around me, pulling me into his chest. He was dry for the most part, but as we were sitting there in the rain he became as soaked as I was. His hair tousled and wet, the water drops running down his face.

I looked up at him, and I swear it felt like the movies. Maybe it was because he was my partner, or because he looked so good in the rain, but I found myself leaning towards me.

“(Y/N),” his voice was soft, but he didn’t pull away.

I placed my hand on his chest, sitting on my knees on the hard, wet pavement as my mouth came closer to his. He reached for my hips, pulling at me until I straddled his lap, my one hand threaded through his wet locks of hair and the other still rested on his chest.