Chapter Twenty-eight | Wrath Against the Crown

THERE IS THIS PECULIAR sensation that (Name) feels as if someone is burning holes on the back of her head. When she turned aside to see the culprit, she saw Lady Camie glaring at her direction.

The lady did not even bother to turn or hide her rage when (Name) caught her. She continue to direct her dirty look at the consort. (Name) gave her an emotionless face before turning back to Midnight who kept talking about the war.

"The soldiers will depart soon and in a week, Bakugou will follow." Midnight informed the ladies.

(Name), Mina, and Lady Camie (who invited herself) all joined at the table in the private dining room for breakfast.

Midnight then turned to Mina, "And of course, your husband goes wherever our King goes."

"Yes well... I was actually hoping we could go and have a trip but," a sigh came from Mina, "the war never seems to stop."

(Name) look up at the mention of that. Then, she accidentally caught Lady Camie's gaze again causing her to sigh internally.

"You've been really quiet, Your Majesty. Are you not feeling well?" Lady Camie suddenly asked.

(Name) felt the need to glare at her sudden concern when she was glaring at her just seconds earlier. But (Name) kept her composure and smiled.

"No, I am fine, Lady Camie." (Name) answered.

Midnight suddenly gasped.

"Oh, but you do look like you're feeling ill, dear. What is it? Nausea? Vomiting? Breast pain?"

(Name) is not a physician but as a woman, she was taught those were the symptoms of pregnancy.

"What? No."

"Oh come on," Mina intervened, "give Her Majesty a break. Maybe she's just nervous because Bakugou is going to the frontlines again."

"That's also not--" (Name) whispered but Midnight's voice overlapped hers.

"Oh I feel the same! You see, I keep telling your husband that he should no longer put himself into danger, you know being the King himself, but he just won't listen." The older noble blabbered. "I do want to ask you to convince him not to go but before I could even do that, he warned me not to bother you. So, are you sure you're really all right, dear?"

(Name) forced a smile.

"Of course, I am fine with it. It's not everyday that you see a King march with his armies in the frontlines." She commented.

"I agree. His Majesty is not one of those Kings who hide behind the comfort of their thrones. I applaud His Majesty for that reason." Lady Camie said, making sure to glance at (Name) from time to time to which the latter did not bother to notice.

"Well, I propose an idea." Midnight chimed but the doors to the dining room immediately opened.

Bakugou stepped inside, shirtless and covered in sweat.

It should have killed (Name)'s appetite at the sight of him post workout but the smell of burnt sugar suddenly wafted in the air and the source seems to be the shirtless blonde who decided to sit in his usual place beside her.

In an effort to avoid his eyes, her gaze landed on his chest and she immediately look down to hide her burning cheeks.

(Name) scolded herself at being flustered because obviously she has already seen it before and she's not supposed to get flustered anymore. She also decided to tell herself that she should not let what happened to them that night affect her so much now.