Chapter 30

Y/N couldn't sleep all night. She still can't comprehend that the woman that she thought was her mother all her life, isn't actually her mother. As if it can't be even worse, she was told that Mrs. Park is her real mother. Y/N needs proof to make sure that Mrs. Park is her real mother. Not that she doesn't trust her parents, she just wants to be sure. She thought about taking a DNA test with Jihyo to see if their DNA's actually match. To do that she needs Jihyo's DNA of course, so first thing she did in the morning is go to Jihyo's house.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Jihyo's grandmother asked when she opened the door. Since the grandmother is Mr. Park's mother, she has no relationship to Y/N, which Y/N is glad about.

"Just checking up on you." Y/N fake smiled. How can she smile right now?

"Come in, darling." The woman took her in. Y/N is curious, does grandma actually know about this? She probably does. Y/N wants to ask badly but she can't. Not before she takes that DNA test.

"How's your health?" Y/N asked.

"Good, good. Don't worry about me." She patted Y/N's shoulder. Jihyo is working at the hospital right now so she's not home.

"Can I go to the bathroom real quick?" Y/N asked as the woman was preparing breakfast.

"Of course, you don't need to ask." Y/N doesn't have to go to the bathroom. She needs to find something that she could use for the DNA test so she went to Jihyo's room. There she found Jihyo's hair brush and luckily there was some hair on it which she took and put into a small bag. She also found her toothbrush in the bathroom which she took as well. The more DNA the better.

"It smells delicious, grandma." Y/N said when she returned. The grandma insisted on Y/N having breakfast with her, so that's what she did before going to the hospital. Luckily Y/N knows a doctor that could help her with this matter so she immediately went to her.

"Chou Y/N, it's been a while." The doctor smiled.

"It really has been, Seulgi-ssi."

"You're here for a DNA test right? For siblings If I remember right." She smiled.

"Yeah here." Y/N gave her the DNA samples. "When can I get the results? I really need it fast, Seulgi-ssi."

"It normally takes up to four days." Four days? That's too long. She can't wait that long.

"Can you make it quicker?"

"Because you've helped me out many times, I'll prioritise this and I'll give you the results tomorrow. Is that okay?" Well, she can wait until tomorrow. It's better than four days.

"Okay, that's good. Then I'll come back tomorrow." Y/N said in a nervous tone.

"I guess this is very important, huh?" Seulgi questioned.

"You could say that."

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Jihyo suddenly approached them which made Y/N freeze.

"Y/N?" Jihyo raised her eyebrows when the CEO didn't answer.

"Oh I'm just here to visit Seulgi. I haven't visited her in a while."

"And you weren't planning on visiting me?"

"Of course I was. I was about to come to you." Y/N lied. She can't even look Jihyo in the face right now. The fact that Jihyo might be her half sister scares the shit out of her.

"I was just joking Y/N. You visit me quite often, so it's okay. Have fun with Seulgi-ssi." Jihyo patted Y/N's arm and left with a smile on her face. When the two were kids, people would tell them that they look quite similar but no one really thought about it any further. Now it explains why they have physical similarities.