28 - Percy

"Where'd the red hair come from?" I ask, staring at the little bits of scarlet fuzz on the top of Ranier's head.

Annabeth just laughs. "Does someone in your family have red hair?"

I think for a moment. "My grandma, I think."

"That's where it came from. It's a recessive gene, meaning it usually won't show for a few generations. Your black hair mist have been the dominant gene."

I nod, pretending to understand. "Got it."

It had been about a week since the twins had been born. We were at my mom's apartment, sitting on the couch. Annabeth looked tired, her blond hair in loose braids and dark circles under her eyes. She'd barely slept in the past month.

Estelle seemed very excited about the twins. She would giggle, touch them, show them her toys, you know.

(I know you turned that dirty, you freak.)

Anyways, she was excited to have some new friends. Annabeth hadn't taken her eyes off them, and I had a hard time, too. They looked so much like Annabeth it made my head spin. I didn't think anything could be as beautiful, yet we'd made 2. I've never been happier.

"They've been quiet," my mom said, who was sitting in a chair across from the couch.

"A nice change," Annabeth whispered. We'd all been quiet, whispering, trying to keep them asleep.

"Maybe you guys should stay a while longer. You could use some help."

I shook my head. "I think we'll be good. And everyone's expecting us back in 2 weeks."

Mom leaned forward, putting her elbows on her knees. "I know, but... new parents and all, it's always good to have someone to help you."

"If we need anything, we'll send an IM. We'll be alright."

She sighed. "You guys grew up way too fast."

I smiled. "I hear that happens."

She reaches forward and puts a hand on Annabeth's knee. "Remember this feeling. This new, young feeling. Savor it for as long as you can, because before you know it, it's gonna be gone."

Count on them to make everything horrifying.

"And savor every moment you have to yourself. You guys aren't going to have much of an early adulthood."

"I don't care," Annabeth said. "We're lucky to be alive, let alone having two other lives to care for. It's a blessing."

Mom looks on the verge of tears. "You're going to be an amazing mother."

"Hey," I say.

"Oh, come on, you know it was mutual."

"I'm your son," I say, a little louder than intended, waking Ranier on accident. He cries, which wakes Sia up, which makes her cry. Annabeth sighs and sits forward a bit as we try to calm them.

"Still think you don't mind giving up your adulthood?" Mom asks.

Annabeth smiles, still staring down at Sia. "Not even for a second."

--------

Hiiiiiiiiii.

Really short chapterrrrrrr.

Don't look at me like that, you know you love me.

Anyways, thank you so much for 3k! I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me! Thank you!

Tag 5 people if you're reading this -------------------------》

Love you all!