Chapter 37

Chapter 37 is dedicated to lilstormz and Lav28sharma and aash23

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

"So, did you figure anything out?" CaVaughn asked, looking around at Kevin, Ashton and Jun.

"Just that you're stronger than any of us," Jun groaned, dropping down onto the sofa beside Kristof. "You're way faster too."

"There must have been some disadvantage," he pressed.

They racked their brains, trying to remember a part of the fight where CaVaughn might have had some difficulty.

"The training you did with the king paid off," Ashton mused. "You're good at fighting on both the offensive and defensive."

I examined Kevin's arm that I had bandaged a few minutes ago. His fight had been intense, and I could see why the king allowed Jun to train with him. "Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" I asked.

CaVaughn's eyes flashed to us. He cleared his throat. "Sorry about that."

"Hey, it's no big deal," Kevin assured him. "This'll heal in a few hours."

CaVaughn was about to answer, but he suddenly froze. His body was tense and his brows furrowed. His growl resonated throughout the room. The guys instantly tensed too, sensing that something was wrong.

"What is it?" Ashton asked.

"Malekh," CaVaughn growled. "He wants to talk."

"How do you know that?"

"He's using telepathy."

"How is that possible?" I asked. "I thought you could only do it with members of your own kingdom."

"You're not wrong," Kevin frowned. "Malekh shouldn't be able to just waltz into his head like that."

CaVaughn was silent for a minute and then he turned to us. "He wants to talk to us. Apparently he can only mind-link me, so he's going to call-"

Before he could finish what he was saying, Ashton's phone rang. He frowned at the caller ID and then glanced at me. Realization dawned in his eyes.

"It's your old phone. The one you lost at the Cilan Kingdom. They must have taken your stuff."

"Answer it," Kevin urged as it continued to ring.

Ashton stared at it and then sighed, sliding up and putting it on speaker. We gathered around to listen to what he had to say.

"Hello." Malekh's face popped up on the screen. He wore his usual smile, although his dark eyes hinted at everything but friendliness.

"Drop the act, we're not friends anymore," Aston growled. "What the hell do you want?"

"That's too bad," Malekh sighed. "Although you are right. I guess we can't go back to the way things were." He glanced at CaVaughn. "How are you enjoying your gift?"

"I'd enjoy it a lot better if I could return it."

"Don't be like that," Malekh laughed. "I made you stronger."

CaVaughn narrowed his eyes.

"You can't return it, but you can re-gift it."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ashton growled.

"I'm saying- and try to keep up with me here- he can pass it on to any one of you. Isn't that interesting?"

Everyone's eyes flashed to CaVaughn before they looked back at Malekh.