Chapter 33

Chapter 33 is dedicated to DianaDyd22 and brentfaiyazlover and LoyaLbear

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey lovelies! I just a have a few quick announcements *clears throat* Firstly, there will be a time skip happening sometime this week.

Secondly, this book will most likely end next week, but there is a possibility that there will be a third book. I had some ideas that I think will wrap up the story better. How do you feel about a third book being added to the series? Let me hear your thoughts please!
Okay, that's it❤
----------------------------------------------------------

A pregnant silence hung in the air as everyone tried to process what they had just heard from CaVaughn. Then, the growls intensified and a few council members stood up with shouts of outrage. I could feel the tension buzzing in the air. The queen looked horrified at the thought and the king was frozen as he stared at his son.

Chills ran down my spine. So he was telling us that the Origens were real too and that they somehow still existed? That was a lot to take in. Origins… alive? Then what else was out there? Mermaids? Ghosts? Aliens?

I swooned. This couldn’t be happening. At this point anything was possible. Things that defied science and reason.

Ashton was frozen beside me too as he searched CaVaughn’s face for any hint of a lie. But there was none. It was obvious that he was telling the truth. He looked as cool as a cucumber as he waited on everyone to come to grips with this odd revelation.

“You’re a monster,” the king whispered. His green eyes that were identical to CaVaughn’s were wide. There was a glimmer of anger and then his lips curled in disgust. “You are a monster,” he repeated with a nod.

“Wait!” the queen cried out, recovering from her shock as the king charged towards CaVaughn. “He is still our son!”

“A hybrid?!” he roared incredulously. “You would claim this thing as your son?”

“Who else’s child is he if not our own?” she protested. “This was not his choice. Do not blame him for something he has no control over.”

Murmurs spread out across the meeting room. The people were tense and their faces held expressions of fear, distrust and disgust. Did they really think of him as a monster? Even with all the insults and dirty glares being thrown at him, CaVaughn's expression never changed to anger. His eyes held no malice.

The queen glanced at Ashton for support, but he was still stuck in a daze at the shocking news, his lips slightly ajar. He was jolted from his stupor and looked over at her. She motioned to CaVaughn with her head and he nodded. They were probably talking through the mind link.

“This thing before me is nothing but a monster,” the king snarled. “If other kingdoms hear of this, they will stop at nothing until this threat is removed.”

“What are you suggesting?” Ashton growled. “You see him as a threat?”

“He is not a monster,” the queen repeated.

“I am,” CaVaughn mused.

“Hush. I know who you are on the inside.”

The king stared at CaVaughn and shook his head in anger. “You are nothing but a failure. Even in death you find a way to disappoint me. You should have stayed dead.”