Chapter 14

Chapter 14 is dedicated to geminigurl27

Thank you for your support
-----------------------------------------------------------

I knew that Ashton was still upset with me, but I didn't think it would hurt this much. His eyes seemed to go straight through me as I entered the meeting room where Jun was going over sections of the plan.

Ashton and I would have probably continued pretending that we didn't know each other existed if I hadn't interfered.

After the meeting was over, I slipped away from everyone. It hurt to keep on pretending like I didn't care about him. He looked tired and his hair was messy as if he's just rolled out of bed. He wore a sullen scowl as he tapped his fingers anxiously on his knees.

I wanted to ask if he was okay, but decided against it. He didn't want me to interfere in his life anymore, and it wasn't my place to.
When the meeting ended, he quickly stormed out of the room. The guys exchanged some worried looks at his departure, but decided to leave him be for now. He was already in a horrible mood as it was.

I stepped out of the house, stretching in the sunlight. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, Ashton was smoking...

Wait. Ashton was smoking?

My jaw hung loose as I spotted Ashton leaning against the house. At that angle it was hard to spot him but somehow I had. He was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. Even like that, he looked like a model on the cover of a magazine. A tired, moody model, but a model nonetheless. He made T-shirt and jeans look so effortlessly good.

I would have left him alone and maybe continue to admire him from afar if it wasn't for the cigarette that dangled between his fingers.

I shook my head and sighed. He said he would quit. I couldn't just leave him alone now, could I?

I walked over to him tentatively but before I could get too close, his eyes snapped open to glare at me. I ran my hands along my jeans nervously.

"Hey."

He rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"I know we're not exactly on speaking terms," I started slowly. "But I'm really worried about you, Ashton. Your friends are worried about you too."

"Leave."

"I'm not going to let you continue smoking," I persisted. "Please don't do this to yourself."

He ran a hand through his hair before transferring his dark glare to me. "Do you see me smoking?"

I glanced at the cigarette and then felt the need to kick myself. It wasn't even lit.

"I said I'd quit, so why are you still hanging around me?" he growled. "I'm not your boyfriend anymore."

"I- I know," I whispered. "I just thought-"

"Well stop thinking about me." He was staring at me now.

My gaze dropped to the ground. "Sorry."

He dropped the cigarette on the ground. His eyes lingered on it for a moment before he sighed and crushed it under his sole.

"There. Now stop caring." He gave me another hard look before storming off.

I sighed, sliding my back down the wall until I was sitting on the ground. I tugged at a few tufts of grass as the conversation replayed in my mind. I knew that he was having a hard time but I would rather him be healthy and hate me than watch on the sidelines as he ruined himself.