✎046

"How long is the maze Moon" Demetri asks Moon yet looking at me

"3 miles but depends on your maze skills" Moon smiles answering Demetri's question

"3 miles of no talking" Eli says in my face showing off

This is gonna be one silent heck of a maze.

"Alright guys i'll let you all in 5 minutes one after the other separately and see who finishes the maze the fastest" The young man explains shouting loud enough for everyone to hear the instruction

"How's that fair if some of us get 5 minutes-" Mitch raises his hand as if we're in a school field trip when quickly Miguel hits Mitch in the back of the head cutting him off

"What the hell man" Mitch says turning his upper body around while rubbing his head and his face in pain as he whines to Miguel

"Just ugh man...you're something special" Miguel sounded frustrated and gave up on his sentence mid way and put his arm around Moon as she looked up and smiled to him

You know how in love she must be to even lay an eye on Miggy, no offense he's one of my best friends but that boy is a whole task. Sometimes Moon and Miguel would be talking, out of no where Moon would have this smile smile from ear to ear due to how happy Miguel made her. Miguel fell in love with his eyes while Moon fell in love with her pure ears.

On the other hand Sam is picking at Chris's hair for snow which could easily melt off but they are just weird in itself. Sam's never gotten lucky with this love stuff nor have I but she's made better shots than I have. Rickenberg and her have a chance in their relationship but if only she takes the chance to even believe they will go somewhere other than no where.

I should start taking my own advice and just pour my feelings out, maybe just enough for Eli to get the hint I like him more than just whatever he may think I "like" him. I start fidgeting with my ring Eli gave me, i've seem to notice I do it a lot when I think of him. Brings me comfort that him and I share something alike with meaning behind it, he may have not given me a reason why but The Great Gatsby was a good touch as an extra gift.

"Were up next" Eli says pointing towards the entrance of the snow maze while I see Demetri, Yasmine, Chris and Sam in front of us while Moon and Miguel are entering holding hands as they peek their heads through the 3 main passages they could choose from

I raise my eyebrows as if i'm amused were about to be up next, ready to walk so much without saying a peep over a stupid jinx. For someone who thinks a lot of stuff is nerdy, uncool, or just childish we sure are gonna walk a ton without saying a word to each other. Unless Eli wants to talk to himself all the way through the maze, gives me more time to even think about the ways i'm gonna come out and say my truth to him.

"Calm down, no need to be so excited" Eli shoved his hand in his pockets as i'm noticing he's getting pale making his golden skin disappear due to the coldness in the air even though his lips are getting pink with fading purple surrounding them

I smile at him knowing he's the reason I can't talk back which he should know since he confidently said I can't speak until I get him a pop. If his plan was for me not to talk the whole maze well he did a good job of planning it since there is no where I can possibly purchase a Coca.

After waiting about 10 minutes it's finally our turn to enter, while the man lifts the red belt separating us from the actual entrance of the maze. Eli and I step in sync as we make our way to the 3 choices we have displayed in front of us, I do heavily believe he will be arguing with himself this whole test. I guess some blessing come in disguise.

We walk in for a couple of minutes 15 tops of pure silence. It was so silent I could hear his heartbeat from where I was. Even though we were only inches away from each other, I was in my own head thinking of ways to come up with ways to confess I whipped out my phone and started take down notes of ideas.

"Mia watch out!" Eli grabs me from the waist and pulls me away from almost running into a wall which causes me to drop my phone

"Mia watch out!" Eli grabs me from the waist and pulls me away from almost running into a wall which causes me to drop my phone...face up...on Eli's foot

While my heart dropped out of where the sun doesn't shine, I know I turned as pale as a ghost knowing he possibly saw the notes app open.

"You dropped this" Eli bends down slowly while I get the grip of reality and bend down faster getting the luck of not saying a word before I jump back up shoving my phone deep into my pocket

"You almost ran into that wall" Eli laughs standing straight back up

I smile filled with pure any type of embarrassment you can get, first hand, second hand, third hand so on and so on. Luckily with this whole jinx game I don't get to nor do I have to explain myself to him, because physically I can't.

"It's been like 20 minutes since you've last said a word Mia" Eli pretends he's holding a mic in his hand which is raised to my face ready for me to talk into the invisible mic

I look at Eli confused in what he wants me to say. We take another few twists and turns before we run into a sign that says "You're getting closer keep trying!". We took it as a heads up on our achievements of finishing this test.

"You don't want to say a couple words for the crowd? they are dying to hear your words of wisdom and truth" Eli said excited extending his hand to the "fans" in the audience which is just a path waiting for us to explore before taking another wrong turn.

My face was just filled with disappointment and annoy-ness after his little self act of comedians which terribly failed. A few laughs were let out of Eli here and there before we got to the finish line..no talking on my end for the entire maze. I hear Eli whisper to himself how over he was the maze.

"For fucks sake finally" Eli handshakes Miguel once again before jumping off the wooden edge

I walk towards Moon and I pull out my phone again quickly showering her the stupid yet bizarre list I made before dropping it on Eli's foot.

"What's this" Moon looks up confused at me and back at the phone displaying the list

I point to the top of list revealing the name of the note folder "Ways to tell Eli 101"

"Oh my god no way!" Moon mouths drop all the way to the floor as she stands there filled with many happy emotions

———-

HEHEHHEHEHEHE i didn't like this chapter but i hope y'all do!!!

vote and comment if u enjoy!

QOTD: if cobra kai where to have a cross over with ANY other show who would u want it to be with?

AOTD: kickin it of course!!!!!!! jack vs hawk

heck! jack vs everyone LOL although i would pay GOOD money to see rudy vs all the sensi's