Chapter 15

"For Gabriel.D," Gabe raised his glass up and clicked our glass together, "I can't wait for the day where we can tell people 'D' stands for Danielle,"

"That day will also be the day where the two of us finally got what we want," I beamed, slicing the steak. Gabe has asked me for dinner in his mansion to celebrate our opening of small shop Gabriel.D. We just have to do marketing to gain our popularity.

We ate the dinner with light conversations about the future and Gabe spoiled it by mentioning the Caperino, "Once we get into the world class Fashion industry, the one we will be competing and taking them off the number one list will be Caperino. Followed by Harry Waters,"

I sighed, swallowed my steak forcefully, "Do you really have to bring this up when our dinner was going so well?"

He drank his wine, "You can't avoid this conversation anymore. We are doing great now. Fantastic if Gabriel.D gets recognized. We are going to face them eventually."

I remembered my parents burned alive in that fire. The life I have been through. The hardship Gabe and I had gone through. It's still fresh in our mind.

We paid our price and it's time for them to pay.

xx

"Are you sure you are fine alone at home?" Elliot adjusted his tie as I propped myself up, looking at the fine specimen in front of me who I call boyfriend. He saw the gleam in my eyes and smirked, "Take a picture,"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Go and do whatever you are going to do,"

He smiled, walked back to the bed and reached for me, "I'm going for meetings and an interview. I'm going to miss you,"

I told Elliot I'm not going back to office today because I need a break after the drama last night. Elliot agreed and asked me to call Sam to let her know what they are supposed to do today.

Sam.

We didn't talk about her.

I got even more important stuff in my hand – to get the book today.

"Go away," I smiled against his lips and said, "I need you to be gone so that I can think,"

He sighed and kissed my forehead, "Brian will be at the guard post. Call him through the intercom if you need him. I told them not to disturb you unless you need any help,"

"I got it, Mr. Caperino,"

He smiled, "Love you baby,"

"Love you too,"

xx

I can't believe the book might be right in front of me all these time. I had been in Elliot's library more than I went into the kitchen. I spend most of my own time looking through his books and reading for the whole day. I skimmed through the shelves all around me, trying to figure out which books look stand-offish.

I sat on the desk and folded my arms.

It had to be somewhere in this library.

Or it might be in Elliot's safe box in his gallery.

I went to the first book shelves again, skimming through books by books. I grabbed the brown ladder and climbed to the top. His first bookshelves contain his old files and certificates.

If I looked closely, I might be able to find something that is out of...

"Place," I whispered, looking closely at the brown book hidden right among those files. I pulled it out and got down from the ladder.