Chapter 3

We met Harry Waters on New York street during our homeless days. He approached us in expensive suit, holding a weird expression on his face as he examined our designs.

Two bodyguards standing behind him, their bulging arms folded. After a few minutes, Harry Waters asked, "Who designed this?"

Gabe answered calmly and confidently, "The both of us."

"What did you used to piece this?" He questioned, scrutinizing us and checked the sewing line.

I smirked; he will be shocked at how neat the line goes.

Gabe squeezed my hand, a confident smile plastered on his face. The man dropped his jaw when he finished the lining, "Amazing."

He looked at us and then back at the design and broke into a smile, "I haven't introduce myself," He passed the clothes back to us and gave us his card, "I'm Harry Waters."

Growing up in fashion industry, Harry Waters quickly registered in our mind. We stared at each other. Harry Waters clearly got proud and satisfied with our reaction.

Harry Waters, the second biggest designer in the fashion industry. Damn right. Down the list of successful designers, Waters is the most inspiring designer.

Gabe asked, "What do you want?" This sounded a little rude but Harry Waters didn't look like he'd mind at all. He looked decent.

Looks can be deceiving.

It was too late when we finally realized that nobody in this world of fashion is decent.

Harry Waters smiled widely, "I am willing to offer a good price for you to design my next collection. Of course, your name will be listed on it to earn the recognition."

How can we say no to such tempting offer? We had exactly six months left for Gabe to receive the money. This can help us stay full and stay decent for the next six months, then we did the right thing to accept Harry Waters' offer.

xx

GABE

Danielle: I'm fine. Work's good and already in plan. Tell you more when I see you. xoxo D.

My fingers are hover over my iPhone as I read Danielle's reply.

"Sir, we are here," Roman said in his Irish accent. I gave him a small smile, and quickly typed a reply back to Danielle: I'm curious and definitely worried now. Be careful, D.

I hate it when I can't get enough information from Danielle.

Up till now, I wasn't sure if she is staying on our plan. I hate it when she's around Elliot Caperino. I absolutely don't feel safe when she's around Caperino.

I should have let her take over Harry Waters' but Danielle refused after I told her my plan against Harry Waters. And, I allow her to choose. Caperino or Waters, she picked Caperino. She said, Waters is too paranoid when it comes to money wise.

I put my phone away and Roman asked, "Do you need me to go in with you, sir?"

Roman tends to attend these events with me when I needed a ride home. Reason because I needed a fancy ride and also if I ever get a drink or two, I don't have to worry about driving.

Sometimes, Roman acts more than I needed him to but I like this guy. He doesn't pry, he won't talk too much. He does his job.

"It's okay, Roman. Go and get dinner right across the street. I would recommend the burger at Sally's." I said, opening my door.