Chapter 29

After being little bit more relaxed, I called my parents first. They didn’t asked me who or how happened, I think they already imagined it. Then decided to call Jade trying to sound as normal as possible.

‘Hey Jade, it’s Nikki’

‘Oh God Nikki, please tell me that you have news, is everything okay with John?’

‘Yeah, don’t worry, I’ve found John, he’s okay. I’m going to pick you up so you can see John, don’t move.’ I hung up to avoid more questions.

While Ed and I were in the taxi to pick Jade up, I had a call from my mum. She told me that the doctors said my brother was okay despite he had lost an important amount of blood. I couldn’t stop thinking how I was going to say what happened to Jade, which words I was going to use…

We got out of the taxi, telling the man that waited for us. You could see the anxiety and fear in Jade’s face when she saw that we were there without John. ‘Where is John?’ Jade asked us with fear in her tone.

‘Jade, he is ok, don’t wo-‘

‘Where is he?’ she asked again cutting me.

‘He…he’s…’

‘He’s in the hospital right now, but he is okay.’ Ed completed the sentence for me and we both went to Jade’s side, just in case she fainted.

‘What happened?? Why?? Since when?? Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘Jade please, keep calm. I still don’t know, he called me and told me to go to his studio. Then we had to take him to the hospital because he was hurt. There’s a taxi waiting for us at the main door.’

We arrived to the hospital in about 10 minutes and right after we got into there a doctor came to the waiting room.

‘Family of John Strauss?’ one of the doctors asked. We all stood up and he came closer.  He was wearing that typical white coat, he couldn’t be more than 30. ‘I am the doctor Smith. John is stable. He has suffered a puncture wound, fortunately it doesn’t affect any of the main organs, there is no internal bleeding, although, as you’ve been told he has lost an important amount of blood. Because of the wound, 10 stitches have been necessary. Is it completely normal that in these weeks he’s weaker and in the extreme case he could pass out. He is going to be under medication and it is important for him to follow the diet we are going to give you.’ We all nodded and my mum said something I couldn’t hear. All my attention was in Jade.

‘Are you okay Jade?’ I asked her when I saw she had taken a seat. ‘Do you need water or something?’

‘Yes, please, some water would be fine. I am just shocked about the information. Doctor Smith, is it possible to see him now? Is he unconscious yet?’

‘He is now conscious, in about 10 minutes you will be able to see him. He needs to rest and probably would have memory lapses of what happened, it’s completely normal. But if he starts with serious headache or stomach ache, he needs to come immediately.’

2 weeks later.

‘Ed, could you help me to paint this room please?’

‘Remember to call my brother to help me with the shit of Ikea’s furniture.’ He said with a very annoying tone. ‘Okay so let’s have fun.’

‘Do you really think painting is funny??’ I said raising my eyebrows, while he was getting the roller with the beige colour. I kept painting waiting for an answer. To be honest I hated painting rooms, it was the worst thing, I always got super tired.

‘This is funny.’ Next thing I felt was the roller running all over my back and then Ed started laughing so hard at my scream as a first reaction.

‘Revenge!!!!’ I sunk two of my fingers in the paint and did two marks in Ed’s cheeks, like he was a rugby player and then he did the same, so it was ‘more fair’ according to Ed.

After painting the guest-room, we ordered a pizza and ate it on the couch.

‘It feels good to feel relaxed finally in about three fucking crazy weeks…and we finally have our home.’

‘Yeah, these last have been a nightmare after your brother’s accident. But we can relax and we have finally a bed, an unused bed, so you already know what does it means…

My poor Ed. We hadn’t had sex in those three weeks, due to the stress and all the stuff with the new house. We’ve been there for five days and we were almost done, we still had left some furniture but we could live there.

My brother was doing okay. He left the hospital two days after Christmas –the day when the stab happened- and of course, we had to tell everything to Jade. She was upset at the beginning but finally understood that John didn’t tell her anything because of protection. I think we were all too excited because of the baby arrival, that we wanted to try to forget what happened as soon as possible.

_________

I AM SO SO SORRY ABOUT THIS SHORT CHAPTER!! 7K WOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I am quite busy because I am moving back to Spain and I have to pack everything. If you read it comment and vote!!

DO NOT FORGET: To check my other fanfic INVADED BY YOU (Ed Sheeran AU) COMMENT AND VOTE <3

Marie