XIX. The Farewell

Chrollo keeps a detached expression on his face, and he approaches me, Mizaistom, and Saiyu nonchalantly. He wears the same outfit on the day of the first heist, dressed in a white, buttoned-up shirt and a bandage that covers the tattoo on his head.

As the door begins to swing shut, the sounds of terrified screams and explosions are easily heard. At that Mizaistom and Saiyu don't react, rather they assess the enemy before them and their tactics that will be used in their confrontation.

Casually strolling over to me, Chrollo stands beside me, and I realize that he is yet to find out my relationship and connection with the Zodiacs. He is still unaware of my position as the Snake zodiac, and may be interpreting my situation incorrectly.

The edges of my mind begin to tear, and many different calculations and possibilities begin to swirl. If I attack Chrollo alongside the Zodiacs, then I will be able to prove my freedom of mind and control from any Nen. However, this could also be a wasted opportunity to once again join the Troupe. In this second time, I will be able to extract more information from them, which will prove to be useful in battle.

It is clear that even against the three of us Zodiacs, Chrollo Lucilfer may have the higher hand in battle experience. Yet, there is a slight chance that the three of our combat power's combined may be able to overthrow him. That still does not ensure our victory against the rest of the Spiders, however.

I search Mizaistom's eyes, and find a hint of suspicion. A slight feeling of disappointment begins to swell, but I know what it is that will best benefit the Zodiacs as a whole.

Information on the Phantom Troupe is scarce, and I've only found out a few of their Hatsu's. Without the knowledge of the others, and how their abilities work in depth, fighting them is a lost cause.

I swallow, as though I'm downing a bitter pill, or medicine that will cure a disease. Raising my gaze once more to that of Mizaistom's and Saiyu's, I feel my Ren amplify around me.

In my peripheral view, I see Chrollo glance at me, though he does not say anything. Nobody in this hallway says a word, rather they grit their teeth and begin to hurl attacks at the others. Mizaistom immediately singles out Chrollo, and Saiyu to me.

Saiyu's specialization as a Hunter was in physical combat, and martial arts. Even without a weapon, Saiyu by himself was just as deadly. Priest Staff in hand, Saiyu twirls it around while his Hatsu is activated. His ability is called Three Monkeys, made of Mizaru, Kikizaru, and Iwazaru. With the combination of their abilities, Saiyu's opponent's sight, hearing, and speech is greatly weakened. The technique also wears down the opponent's mind, rendering Saiyu as a deadly Zodiac.

However, Enhancers are barely, if not at all affected. Saiyu depends mostly on the confusion and panic of his opponent against one of the most powerful Hatsu's of this generation. And with the usage of such an ability, the drawbacks must be high. Therefore, this battle is one of endurance and stamina, on whoever can experience pain for the longest.

"Three Monkeys? What will that do against me, Saiyu?" I ask, both in spite and curiosity. When he doesn't reply, a hint of a smile begins to spread on my face.

However, though Enhancers are rarely affected, I predict that I will still experience some withdrawals because of his Hatsu. Due to my detainment, my Nen was greatly affected with the suffocating metals and treatments that were meant to stabilize my aura in case something should happen. Therefore, my aura will be less useful in attacks and defense against his Hatsu.

I grimace, as my vision begins to darken, and the sounds of footsteps in battle begin to fade. My tongue begins to lose sense, and the sensation of numbness fills my mouth. Saiyu notices the halts in my movements, and grins,

"(y/n), you don't really think that it would be easy to beat me, did you? How are you gonna beat me when you can barely stand up? You don't even have a weapon," Saiyu remarks, as he continues to swing his Priest Staff around.

I dart along the hall, evading his attacks and landing a few, faint blows. However, the attacks are not enough to create damage that will slow him down. Glancing over to the side, I see Chrollo continuing to spar Mizaistom.

Mizaistom's Hatsu, Cross Game, is in use. It is an ability that is able to hinder the target's ability to move, trapping him into a 'penalty box' in which they are unable to escape. An extremely difficult ability to spar with, and I myself most likely would last seconds in a Hatsu match against Mizaistom.

Chrollo's leather bound book is in hand, and grey, skeletal fish flow around him. An eerie, faint aura glows around them, as they whip around Mizaistom.

Within milliseconds, Chrollo notices me looking at him, and is able to survey my battle with Saiyu. A Ben's blade flies through the hall, and I catch it's hilt as it whirls towards me. Nodding in thanks to Chrollo, I turn my gaze again over to Saiyu.

The sun has begun to set, and I feel the heat of the sun on my back, as the floors begin to shine in a pure orange. Saiyu and I spar, yet this time, I'm able to draw blood on his face, arms, and chest. It is slow, persistent work, and I'm drained by the effect of Three Monkeys. However, Saiyu fares worse, as his blood begins to drip along the floor, and his movements begin to dull.

In a match of endurance, I'm sure that I would last longer than Saiyu, therefore I was able to win this match. Summoning the last of my strength, I grip Saiyu's staff in my hand as he swings it towards me, and the wood slams into my hand, cracking a few bones.

Saiyu's eyes widen, and in his moment of slight surprise, I use Ko onto my leg, and use my own Hatsu, Swift Serpent, to attack at his stomach. The force of the kick pushes him to the wall, and he grunts as the last of his oxygen is pushed from his lungs. With that, his limp body loses consciousness and sits against the wall.

    Looking over to Chrollo, I notice that both he and Mizaistom are still in combat, however he has noticed Saiyu's loss to me and signals over to me. Confused, I jog down the hallways and near to Chrollo.

    A strange sensation fills the room, and with a bright flash, my vision is gone, and the feeling of falling spirals around me. I see Chrollo, and though they are far, I can make out individual members of the Troupe.

    I catch the scent of concrete and rainwater, the familiar smell of the hideout in which I'd sat alongside the Spiders, and as though my thoughts were read, I land abruptly on the hard ground of the abandoned parking lot.

    The Snake has returned to the den of the Spiders.

Author's note: 1000 reads! I didn't expect to reach that to be honest. Thank you for your support, and please remember to vote if you liked the chapter, and I'll see you next time! :))
~Amorevolous