Chapter Two

To those in search of true love...

"Let's dance". He said staring at her parted lips.

He firmed his grip on her waist and led her to the dance floor. He deliberately  tightened his hold on her, so escaping was difficult. He liked it this way...having a beautiful woman in his grip.

He didn't know what she was thinking, but he saw the surprise look on her face.

He smiled at that.

Cassandra and Lily watched from a distance as Rory led Matilda to the dance floor.

Cassandra sharply turned to her friend. "Lily, can you see that?...I think Rory and Matilda will make a good couple".

Lily rolled her eyes "Hmmm....when did you become a matchmaker?". Lily asked sarcastically.

Cassandra ignored her sarcastic remark.

"Come to think of it, Rory is taller than her...and besides she has never met any  guy that's taller than her. "

They were either too short or same height with her.

"Lily, they look cute together".

As she watched them dance, she suddenly wished Matilda could find her soulmate just like she'd found hers. She sincerely cared for her sisters and wished them good, especially maritally.

Lily smiled when Gray came up behind his wife who was too deep in thought to notice.
Without saying a word, she excused herself.

Gray firmly held his wife's waist.

She jerked.

" Honey, what's on your mind?". He asked worriedly.

She shielded her thought. "Nothing...just...

He cupped her chin in his palm.

"When last did I tell you how much I love you?"

Cassandra chuckled" thirteen hours, fifteen minutes, two seconds ago"

He laughed" I love you"

"I love you more"

There was an inertia of silence between them. There was more to be said, but nothing was said because she understood it all...all of it.

The words untold .....

Gray glanced at Rory and Matilda as Cassandra followed his gaze.

She beamed" I hope you are thinking what I think you're thinking"

"What's that?". He asked  still staring at

them.

She sighed.

She had hoped he got her message, but  Gray wasn't too interested in them as it seemed.

"Rory and Matilda look good together...we can matchmake them".

He grinned." Oh honey, is that what you were thinking about?"

"Yes"

"You see Honey... let's forget all about them, it's been long since I held you"

She pouted" Mr Briggs, will you ever get tired of  holding me?"

"Never!". He declared proudly.

The music changed.

He held her in a dancing position.

She smiled up at him as some pleasant memories came to her mind. The nights of unending pleasures they had in Paris lingered in her memory as she blushed.
She had a surprise for him and she decided she would break it to him later.