𝚝𝚠𝚘

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

5:07
monday, august 30

iMESSAGE                         5 hr ago
kids in theatre 31 text messages

INSTAGRAM                                     7 hr ago
[juniperliuuu] oliviarodrigo started following you.

INSTAGRAM                                     7 hr ago
[juniperliuuu] oliviarodrigo liked your post.

INSTAGRAM                                     7 hr ago
[juniperliuuu] oliviarodrigo liked your post.

INSTAGRAM                                     7 hr ago
[juniperliuuu] oliviarodrigo wants to send you a message.

5:11 ➤                                         📶 LTE 100%

⚪️ olivia ♡                                         🎥    ℹ️
       oliviarodrigo
─────────────────────────────
hi!! i saw on your ig that
you're a part of the theatre
program at the high school.
i just moved here, so i'm
really nervous. hopefully you
can tell me a few things about
it ???

um, sure!!

we have the fall musical and the
spring play. then senior showcase
for seniors only. rehearsals are
usually mondays, wednesdays,and
fridays, unless something comes
up. they run from after school to
4 pm and take place in the theatre
towards the back of the school.
we have a lot of fun here :)

5:17 ➤         📶 LTE 96%

🟡🟣🔵🔴
kids in theatre
─────────────────────────
imessage
monday, august 30, 5:17 PM

olivia seems really nice!!

kennedy lee 🌟
the new girl??

harper ortega 🪄
we get it, june

you're gay

avery jones 🍒
oh my god

stop it harper

harper ortega 🪄
whatever

anyway, i'll see y'all
at rehearsals today

avery jones 🍒
first rehearsal of the year

kennedy lee 🌟
and juniper's last first
play rehearsal of hs

harper ortega 🪄
don't remind mE

PLZ DON'T LEAVE USSS

I'M NOT GOING THAT
FAR FOR COLLEGE SO
CALM DOWN Y'ALL

avery jones 🍒
i have to take a shower
so bRB

harper ortega 🪄
i have to finish a hw
assignment ooPS

kennedy lee 🌟
making coffee 😋

once the bell rings after 7th, i book it to the theatre, where kennedy, harper, and avery are already standing.

"alright ladies. time for the first vlog of the 2021 season!!" kennedy announces as we take out our phones to document.

due to tradition, i walk up to the double doors and open them as i'm the oldest out of everyone.

i press record on my phone and take the first step into the theatre.

"it's the first day of the wizard of oz and juniper is currently taking in her first breath of the new school year." kennedy narrates and i make sure to turn around and roll my eyes.

"sorry." they apologize and i giggle, waving my hands to show that i'm kidding.

i turn back around and close my eyes as i take in a deep breath of that musty feet and paint smell.

"i'm right at home." i say to my phone.

"c'mon y'all! we have to put out stuff down and get ready." harper reminds us.

"i'm going to stay back for a bit to soak this in." i tell them as they begin running down the middle aisle to the stage.

i walk slowly towards the front of stage and stand at the center and look around. the ghost light is still burning brightly. the orchestra pit has instrument cases in place, waiting to be played.

i place my phone on the firsts step of the stage to record myself sitting. then, i take a seat in the front row and look around to the sea of empty seats that i can't wait to see filled on opening night and for the shows after. i make sure to get comfy because i know i'm about to space out.

i bring my knees up to my chest and hug my arms tightly around my legs. i rest my chin on top of my knees.

this one of the last times i'll ever preform on this stage. or in my case, be behind the stage. it's a little bittersweet as i thought i was going to get a role in the show and not understudy, but i can't change that. i'll just try harder for the play to be cast.

very soon, i'll have my last bow on this stage at senior showcase and i'll never step foot on this stage again. and that's scary to me.

but i don't want to worry about that right now.

i untangle my arms from my legs and get up to head to the girl's dressing room. i walk across the stage, getting used to it. then i walk to the back hallway and knock on the door to signal those inside that i'm coming in.

i open the door and give a gentle "hi."

which i'm greeted to girls i haven't seen since may, running up to give me a hug. i try to hug them back in a group hug, but give up and give individual hugs. i laugh at the commotion shown to me as the noise of hairspray and tap shoes become background noise.

kennedy turns around after hugging me to remind the cast, "warm ups in 20 minutes."

the room choruses with, "thank you 20!"

author's note

this fic is going to be sentimental to me since i just finished my last ever musical of my high school career yesterday. i have one more show to go and it still hasn't hit me yet.