𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

a knock on the door silences all the noise in the room and the door opens. kennedy sticks their head in.

"warm ups in 2 minutes." kennedy whispers.

"thank you 2." the room whispers back.

after she close the door, the noise starts back up, but not as loudly as before.

i get up, "okay. i'm going out."

the room gets quiet when i open the door and a few girls follow behind me. i try to quietly walk over to the prop table and sit behind it, so i'm not in anyone's way.

i wait until the director calls everyone to circle up on the stage after vocal and stretching warmups. i get up and stand between avery and harper. kennedy stands in the middle of the circle, next to the director and the two stage managers.

the director goes over the basics for the new people and a rough schedule for the next 2 months. i start spacing out when avery elbows my gut.

i whip my head in their direction and elbow them back with a death glare clear on my face. my attention only perks up when kennedy begins speaking.

"remember that assassins starts wednesday." kennedy ends her speech with and tells everyone that the actual rehearsals start in 10 minutes.

i don't really have anything to do since i'm a tech and i'm pretty sure that i'll just be an unused understudy. i sit down in the front row of the house and go on my phone.

i scrolling through twitter when someone walks up to me and stands in front of me. i look up to see a gorgeous girl smile at me.

i think i just died and went to heaven.

"um, hi." i giggle nervously as i sit up in my seat.

"hi! you're juniper, right?" she holds her hand out and i shake her hand to be polite, not because i want to hold her hand or anything.

i continue looking at her pretty face and holding her hand until i realize that this is olivia.

"wait. you're olivia, right?" i ask and her smile brightens.

"wow. you know my name."

"yeah. i stalked your insta." i joke enthusiastically.

"i stalked yours too!" olivia responds with even more enthusiasm.

i laugh at her enthusiasm. she has a good energy around her.

"oh my god! how rude." i say as i lock my phone and put it back in my pocket.

"sit down!" i tell her as i pull her down into the seat next to mine.

"you're so nice." she smiles, "everyone is, but you've been the nicest."

"i'm nice to people i like." i tell her truthfully as i'm holding both of her hands now.

"do you have any questions so far?" i ask her, wanting to talk to her more.

"i thought theatre kids were chill?" olivia asks me.

"you do know that we play assassins during rehearsals the actual show?" i tell her.

"yeah, but it's just with nerf guns." she says unsure.

"you'd be surprised." i smirk at her ignorance.

i'm about to talk to her more, but olivia has to leave to start rehearsals.

"darn. i'll talk to you later." she says as she pulls her hands away.

"you have my insta."

"i will take you up on that."

☹︎

the rest of my time is spent half listening to the cast read through the script and songs and the other half is watching youtube videos.

rehearsals are almost over when i get a text notification, distracting me from watching someone rank all the barbie movies.

☹︎

3:55 ➤                                📶 LTE 56%

🟡🟣🔵🔴🟢🟤⚪️⚫️🟣🔵🔴🟠🟢🟡🟣🔵🟤🟢🔴🟡⚪️⚫️
assassins 🔫
─────────────────────────
imessage
monday, august 30, 3:55 PM

kennedy lee 🌟
here are the teams for assassins

please let me know ifyou're going to drop soi can change the teams

you're going to drop so
i can change the teams

once everyone who is
playing tells me, i'll
tell everyone the rules

monday 3:56 PM
kennedy lee 🌟 named the conversation "assassins 🔫".

i'm down

avery jones 🍒
hell yeah

harper ortega 🪄
cool cool

chris
yeah

steven
yes

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
sure!

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
i'm excited

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
can't wait!

(xxx) xxx-xxxx emphasized an image

(xxx) xxx-xxxx loved "once everyone who is playing tells me, i'll tell everyone the rules"

(xxx) xxx-xxxx emphasized an image

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
i'm so excited !!!

this is olivia btw !!

kennedy lee 🌟
oh yeah. can y'all
text your name, so
everyone can save
numbers.

☹︎

author's note

the "deja vu" music video is pretty gay.
so.... 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩