The Party

"Where you at Umerson, the party's already started"

"I'm on my way", Umerson replies. But in actuality, he still hadn't left his home. In a state of nauseousness, he was unsure whether he should even go or not. Just the thought of seeing Huzifor was making him anxious.

You need to do this, just suck it up and go. It's now or never.

He convinces himself to go, even though his whole body was completely against it.

_______________

"Yoo you finally made it", Moses greets Umerson.

"Y-yea, sorry I got a bit late, the traffic was insane" says Umerson.

"Chill, the party's just begun, the good stuff isn't even here yet, I should call my dealer again tho"

Umerson moves around the room, navigating through familiar faces.

"Ah, if it isn't Umerson, we meet again", greets John, Umerson's school friend.

"Hey, it's been a while, how you've been. Haven't seen you since the whole Kog'maw shit went down" Umerson inquires.

"I've been doing great. Threw away my PC and now I just smoke weed and play my ukulele all day. These video games are pure evil, the Jews are behind everything I tell ya"

"Uhh.. sounds like you're all set then"

"What about you, how's life been treating you?", John asks.

"Well med school's tough but eh I got it under control"

"Hello Boiss", another familiar voice joins in on the conversation.

"Well hello Lethal, you look dapper as ever", John adds. Umerson nods in agreement.

"Thank you Bois, gotta look sexy for my girl Ganyu, she likes a man with style", Lethal says with a smirk.

"Simping over pixels as always I see", Umerson laughs in amusement.

"Well Umerson, at least I know she won't leave me"

"ooooof, that's gotta hurt", John adds.

Umerson went completely silent, with his head tilted towards the ground. All the memories flooded back in, reminding him what love felt like, and the heartache that came with losing it. Yet the same reminiscent feeling made him feel stronger, cause he knew he had to move on, and talking to Huzifor was the first step.

"Where is this guy Moses, he should've been here half an hour ago", Umerson inquires.

"He should be here any-"

"Well hello there", the sound of a familiar husky voice fills the room.

"Speak of the devil-"

"Uh- h-hey Huzifor, you finally made it", says a nervous Umerson.

"I overslept, Agra Kayn and this place are worlds apart so there's gotta be jet lag too, right"

"Uh.. sure keep telling yourself that, I'll leave you two to catch up then", Moses says as he leaves the duo.

This was the moment Umerson was waiting for, but at the last second, his anxiousness took over. His mind started racing with thoughts, "what if Moses was wrong and he doesn't like me", "our friendship might never be the same", "I'll ruin the night for everyone". His overthinking got the best of him and he decided to scrap the plan altogether. But little did he know that this would only delay the inevitable.