Chapter 7 - Interrogation

Hiroshi POV -

            This can't be happening. I had Lee contact the police. There will be no rest until Asami is found. It is quite hard to search through every room in the mansion but I don't care. Asami is all I have and I will not stop until she is safe in my arms.

          "The police have been notified of Miss Sato's disappearance. Is there anything you would like me to do sir?" Lee notifies me. I'm quite surprised how he is being calm during this situation, maybe he has something to do with Asami's disappearance. If that were so he would have done it ages ago. I should still have him interrogated by the police just for precaution.

            "Go wait for the police, I'll continue looking," I

tell him. Lee then proceeds to the porch patiently waiting for the police to

arrive. I continue to look for Asami within the mansion. Honestly, I hope that she is ok. I know that she can handle herself but she has never been put in real situations like this. She might have just gone to her new friends and spent the night. There is no need to overreact Hiroshi, I tell myself in my thoughts.

      "Mr. Sato, the police have arrived!" Lee alerts me. I quickly make my way down the stairs. I can see the officers enter the front door which is being held by Lee.

            "Good morning sir, name's Chief Beifong. I heard there was a case of a missing girl by the name of Asami Sato, am I correct?" Officer Beifong asks me.

            "Yes, that is correct. Last time we saw her was last night and my butler here, Mr. Lee, found her missing this morning," I fill her in on the details. She has another officer write the details in a notepad.

            "I'm going to have these officers check the surroundings including the mansion just to be sure that she is not in this house," Beifong informs me as some of the officers start to search the premises.

            "I will need you too to follow me," Chief Beifong points to both Lee and I. I'm assuming that she just wants to ask more questions. She then proceeds to lead the way to the police satomobile.

            "I will be taking you both to the Republic City Police Station to ask more questions about the case," Lee and I both nod and follow her into the satomobile. Upon entering we are quickly driven to the police station by Officer Beifong.

            Even though we are out of the police satomobile, we continue to follow Chief Beifong into the building. I have only been here once and it was because of Yasuko's death. I dreamt of never returning but not all dreams come true. I feel my eyes starting to water and quickly wipe it away with the back of my hand.

            Beifong leads Lee and I to separate rooms with a table and two chairs on opposite ends. Neither of us have heard if they found Asami yet so my nerves are busting out of the roof. Chief Beifong then enters the room.

            "Ok Mr. Sato, we are just going to ask you a few questions involving the disappearance of Asami Sato, your daughter. We still have no trace of her and we would like you to answer all of the questions honestly," I am told by Officer Beifong. Simply, I nod.

            "Ok, let's get started. We will also be recording this for further investigation. I would like you to clearly state your name and how you are related to Asami," I nod again.

            "My name is Hiroshi Sato and I am Asami Sato's father," I respond to Beifong's demand.

            "When was the last time you saw and/or talked to Asami?" was the first question asked.

            "Last night before I went to bed, she was sleeping during the time and I was saying goodnight like I do every night," I replied. We continued to go back and forth with simple questions until one sort of threw me off.

            "Were you part of a plan involving Asami Sato's disappearance? Remember that everything you say is being recorded," Beifong says while almost giving me a death stare.

            "I, Hiroshi Sato, would never take part in anything involving the disappearance of my daughter Asami Sato. I promised my wife before she died that I would never let something happen to Asami," I gave Beifong my true honest answer to her question. She turns off the device she was using for the recording and thanks me for my time. I continued to wait in the same chair for quite a while. I'm assuming that Chief Beifong is asking Lee questions about this case. I'm not sure if he has anything to do with it but he did seem a little suspicious.

Mr. Lee POV -

    Finally, Chief Beifong entered the room. She is equipped with a notepad and some sort of radio system.

    "Hello Mr. Lee, we are only here to ask you some questions involving Asami Sato's disappearance. Make sure that you answer every question truthfully and I will be recording everything you say," We continued as soon as I nodded. Most of the questions were quite simple like what is my name and how I know Miss Sato. Still I have not received any news of her being found yet, I'm very worried.

    "Were you part of a plan involving Asami Sato's disappearance? Remember that everything you say is being recorded," Chief Beifong asks, taking me out of my thoughts.

    "No, I was not involved with Miss Sato's disappearance," I answered with full confidence. I would never do such a thing. Then Mr. Sato was brought into the same room as I have been.

    "I have still not heard anything from the other officers regarding Asami Sato. You are free to go back to the mansion but I will have officers staying there to keep guard," Mr. Sato and I look at each other.

    "That would be excellent Chief," Mr. Sato gave Beifong the ok. Officer Beifong then has an officer return us back to the Sato Mansion.