Chapter 5 - Where's Asami?

Mako POV -

"Oh my gosh I feel like an idiot," I complain while hiding my face in my hands.

"Well you did have a bad attitude while we were with her," Bolin adds

"Not helping Bo, how is she supposed to like me if I was being a jerk to her," I ask desperately. I'm not going to let this once in a lifetime chance just slip. She is nowhere to be found on social media which is weird since her father owns a multi-billion dollar company. The next time I see her, I'll make it up to her.

"Maybe you should be nice tomorrow and maybe invite her to the park," Bolin suggests. Would she want to go to the park, or a fancy restaurant. She is probably too rich to go to a park with a guy like me. Maybe I'll take extra shifts at work and take her to Kwong's Cuisine. That seems like a fancy place.

"Thanks for the help Bo, I have an idea,"

The Next Morning -

I saw on her schedule that we both have Business this morning. Not really a fan of the class but she is going to be in it so it's ok. Bolin meets up with his girlfriend while I try to get to class. I find my seat and wait for Asami to arrive.

The clock keeps ticking and she hasn't got here yet. Maybe she got lost, I should have helped her. Or maybe I'm the reason she isn't coming back. I continue to wait.

"We have a new student today, some of you might have already met her but it seems that she has not come today," Mrs. Beifong tells us. Mrs. Beifong is Opal's mom. I was quite bummed that Asami didn't show up. I bet it was probably my fault.

Mr. Lee POV -

I found it weird that Miss Sato didn't attend dinner last night. It was her first day of school so I didn't suspect much. She said that she had a good day but has been locked up in her room since. I get ready for the day using the guest bedroom in the Sato Mansion.

Not sure what Miss Sato wanted for breakfast, she should be awake by now. I don't want to bother her while she gets ready, that would be unprofessional. She always likes pancakes so I'll just make pancakes. Once I finished, I left them on the table with a glass of orange juice. I continue my morning with my usual chores.

I came back to the kitchen to fill the mop bucket with water noticing that the pancakes and orange juice are still on the counter. Both were left untouched. Maybe she didn't feel like eating this morning. Mr. Sato said that he would be taking Miss Sato to school today, but I haven't seen him leave the workshop. He is usually working and never keeps track of time. Maybe I should go check on Miss Sato to make sure she is ok.

Setting the mop bucket down and walking up the stairs. Her room is the farthest in the hall. Mr. Sato wants to make sure she is safe. I finally made it to the door knocking a few times. The first knocks didn't get a response. I knock again and still get nothing. Should I enter the room? Would it be unprofessional? What would Mr. Sato think of me going in there? Many thoughts were racing in my mind.

I slowly turn the knob of the door, peeking inside. The alarm was still going off, maybe she just didn't notice. I slowly open the door wider and make my way to her bed. The bed has been unmade and I see no one occupying it. I continue to investigate further. I slowly pull the comforter down and no one is there. Where is Miss Sato?!?!

Running down the stairs, almost falling. I have to get to Mr. Sato. I see the light on in the workshop (aka the garage). I quickly and suddenly open the door wide open accidentally scaring Mr. Sato.

"What is the meaning of this?" he asks quite irritated.

"It's Miss Sato sir... she is missing. I looked all over the mansion for her including her bedroom," I answered without taking a single breath. The fear on his face says it all.

"I knew sending her to that school would be a bad idea," Mr. Sato argues against himself.

"Lee... call the police and I'll go look for her, even if it is the last thing I do," Mr. Sato tells me. I wasted no time and dialed 911 into the phone.

"911, what is your emergency?" I hear through the phone.

"A 17 almost 18 year old girl by the name Asami Sato, daughter of Hiroshi Sato, has gone missing and is nowhere to be found," I reply without taking a single breath.

"We are sending officers to the Sato Estate,"