Chapter 3

''So want me show you around'' i asked to the greenie who was picking his nails. It's only the second day since he's been here and he hasn't talked much only to me. He started to shift in the position he was in to try and get more comfortable.
       ''Sure'' he finally said. I shook my head and offered him my hand to help him up. As we walked i was talking about everyones names and what they did but i kept looking back at him. When is he going to figure out his name. His his name really Thomas?
       After i was finished showing him around he said he wanted to take a walk to clear his head. I sat near the fire staring at it's flames. How does this happen to each one of us. We get thrown in the maze and we have to survive with very little material. It Just doesn't seem fair. I then heard laughing and screams coming from behind me. I sighed and turned my head and saw everyone gathered around someone. I heard Gally yell something and knew this couldn't be good. I jumped to feet and ran to where the commotion was. I pushed past everyone getting elbowed in the face a couple times and stopped at the beginning of the crowd. In the middle was the greenie and Gally. Gally was telling him to fight and he was but he was failing. badly. Then the greenine finally knocked him down but it definitely made Gally mad. He rushed up and threw him to the ground. The greenie fell fast and smashed his head on the ground. I stared making sure he was alright until he started screaming ''Thomas''. He quickly got up and kept repeating Thomas. ''I know my name! It's Thomas!'' He screamed smiling. Everyone cheered and rushed past me to reach him. Thomas. So that is his name. How is that possible? I turned around holding my head in my hands. Am i going crazy! I lifted up my head and walked away. Realax Newt maybe you just thought your dream said Thomas. maybe it said Thomo or something.
I kept walking until someone grabbed me from behind and turned me to face them. It was Thomas. I looked at him waiting for him to say something but he just hugged me.
       ''Thanks Newt'' he said quietly and then he walked away.

*A week since Thomas Find out his name*

       I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes. I quickly got up and ran to the entrance to the maze. I reached it just in time before Minho and his group ran through. They stopped and looked at me. I quickly handed them their water bottles.
       ''Oh thanks Newt we almost always forget these'' Minho said while smiling and took off into the maze. I walked away smiling. I saw Thomas working and talking to Chuck. Thomas and i have become good friends but the one thing that always worried me was when he stared at the maze.