Chapter 5

I stand up and brush the dirt on me off. I looked at Chuck for a moment and then ducked my head and walked away. What happened back there why did that happen? I need to get myself together before i talk to Thomas again. I walked into the woods and climbed a tree. I got a couple splinters when i was climbing but it's normal to me. I sat on a branch and looked out at the wall to the maze. I'm starting to think to just give up and just believe the fact that were never getting out of this place. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the back of the tree. i don't know what these feelings are but they need to stop. I was almost asleep when i heard someone scream my name. I jumped up forgetting i was in a tree and fell off like the idiot i am. I closed my eyes waiting to hit the ground but instead felt arms around me. I opened my eyes seeing Thomas startled with me in his hands. "Holy shit Newt are you ok?!" i think i blushed a little but i moved my hair out of my face.

"Yeaahhh i'm fine" i sat..well was sitting or laying i don't know in Thomas's arms waiting for him to say something. "ok what a relief i was telling you that we finished cooking what we had left" I nodded and then quickly realized i was still in his arms and wiggled until i was on the ground again. I quickly hid my blush and walked back towards camp. I heard footsteps knowing that he was following. I felt someone push me aside a little. "are you drunk right now?" he asked me as i snapped out of thought. I looked at him confused and scratched my head.

"What the bloody hell do you mean i'm not drunk." i replied as i stared at him. He chuckled that cute little laugh of his. Shut up Newt you're not gay..are you? He looked at me and then pointed to the tree i was about to walk into. "ohhh so ya seeee... i was seeing if the tree would move or not....?" wow great comeback Newt. I face palmed myself knowing i was an idiot. I heard Thomas laughing and smiled. He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me back to camp. I smiled and laughed a little bit. When we got to the camp Chuck looked at me like he knew something. I lost my smile and just pretended i wasn't there. I sat near the fire and didn't touch my food. I think i might like Thomas but if i do that will change everything and i don't want that to happen and if Chuck knows i don't want him to tell everyone i don't know what to do." Thomas sat next to me and ate his food. I secretly watched him at least i think i did trying not to seem like a stalker. He smiled and without looking at me said "Whatcha looking at Newt"

My eyes grew wide and looked down at the floor blushing like a fucking maniac. I held my breath. "Um just the woods past you" i said hoping not to sound like i was lying. "Ohhhh ok" he replied sarcastically and laughed. I wiped the sweat off my forehead it felt like it was 100 degrees outside. I felt Thomas shift beside me and then saw his shirt on the log next to us. I lost my breath and slowly looked at him. i looked back down. Why did he have to be so hot? I buried my head in my arms.