★Seven★

Juliet's Dance. The book had been nothing she had expected and to think the boy or man had recommended it to her before he left.

Her heart swelled at the thought of him,   it almost burst out of her ribcage when she remembered his radiant smile, and she closed her eyes briefly as his voice echoed in her ears, she tried to get hold of herself, yet again, it was happening again and she wouldn't deny that it was a beautiful thing,  a beautiful feeling.
It felt foreign, she had never felt it before, it was too sweet and she almost felt like melting away.

She didn't want to question it, she just wanted it to be there,always and forever.

The book opened in front of her had been long forgotten, the more she read, the more she became unfocused. Her head shot up when the door to the library burst open, then appeared Flora and Cassandra, the little girl bounced towards Serene a happy smile on her face.

"Hello Serene" Flora took the seat by Serene scooting closer to her side, she took the book Serene had long forgotten and begun through the flipping pages.

"Where you alone at home today?" Flora asked before Serene could say anything, the latter smiled warmly at the girl.

"Yes, but it was okay. I got this whole library to myself" Serene turned to Cassandra sat across her, she smiled at Serene before looking down at her phone.

"How was your day at school?"
The question was directed to the two girls, but it was very obvious that Flora wouldn't hesitate to answer, Cassandra on the other hand just smiled and mumbled  "good".

" I think I got into a bit of trouble" Flora looked down at the brown surface, a half of it covered with books,  Cassandra looked up from her phone,  snorted and looked back at it, it didn't stop Flora from speaking, besides,  Serene seemed interested in whatever story she was about to say.

"What trouble did you get yourself into?" Serene leaned forward, both palms supporting her chin.

"There is a certain girl at school, she is very mean and she offended my friend,  so my friend and I made her sit in soup"
The little girl shrugged, a mischievous smile threatening to burst on her face as she watched Serene chuckle immediately she explained, it was a beautiful sound and it made her want to listen forever.

"That definitely is a lot of trouble"
Serene said to her,  Flora only shrugged like she wasn't bothered,  and she definitely wasn't.

Serene turned back to her book attempting to read it again,  but she still couldn't,  she couldn't focus on reading because her mind kept drifting to him and their conversation, gently, she closed the book and rose up from her seat making both girls look up at her.

"Have you both eaten? I think it's already three right? Come on let's get something to eat from the kitchen and then we do something fun after"
Both girls stood up at her words nodding at her and explaining that they came straight to the library when they changed from their uniform and heard she was in there.

Workers moved about as they prepared dinner for the family, they acknowledged the girls and Serene when they entered the kitchen asking them what they wanted for lunch.

Whilst the girls replied to a maid, Serene looked around the kitchen wanting to spot him,  some workers turned to look at her as if they were expecting an order from her and she felt she looked obvious, so she pretended to be looking around the kitchen probably taking in the interior of the kitchen but then a voice from behind her made her spin so fast that she almost lost her balance, her big eyes blinked furiously as she watched the person she was hoping to spot right before her a smile playing on his lips.

"What should I get you for lunch Miss?"

It was a very simple question but Serene found herself stuttering as she couldn't think straight, picking herself up, she slowly shook her head finally able to conclude on something.

"I'll just have some juice and uh pie if you have some"
She had wanted to add that she wasn't hungry and would wait till dinner time but then thought it was unnecessary,   instead,  she smiled at him and he nodded walking away to get her what she ordered.

After they had finished their meal, they left for Serene's room and spent the rest of their time there until the rest of their family came back, soon it was dinner time and the two girls reluctantly left to prepare.

In few minutes, Serene left her room just as Emily did, she stopped walking as she didn't know if she should say something to her but the girl barely glanced at her, she descended the stairs with her phone in hand, Serene stood rooted in that position for a while waiting for Emily to completely leave her sight before she also descended the stairs too.

The dinning hall always brought nervousness to her and it was because of the chatter that always filled the hall reaching the hallway the led to the hall, she gulped nervously as she entered the room, just like the other nights before,  everyone stopped and stared at her briefly before going back to what they were doing, Serene went to her seat which was fortunately far from  Emily's, she greeted the family at the table as she sat.

Food was served as soon as Flora and Cassandra burst into the dinning hall laughing and chatting loudly,  which earned a scowl and disapproving looks from the adults, yet,  they ignorantly sat down still chatting.

Serene thought the Old Lady would reprimand them and when she didn't Serene had thought that that probably was not the first time.

Clattering sounds filled the hall as everyone begun eating, Serene mindlessly ate her food, she gobbled it down much faster and it wasn't because she was hungry, she felt uncomfortable and out of place and she prayed time would go faster so she could be alone in her room, in her world without the prying eyes of the old lady.

The old lady cleared her throat loudly almost dramatically breaking the heavy silence that had filled the room, she begun speaking with her eyes trained solely on Serene.

"How was your day Grace?"
In all her life people barely called her by that name and hearing it from the old lady made it feel weird enough.

"It was fine Grandma" she smiled.

"About your plans for now, I have decided it is better you started university,  I had to go to the school today and other places too,  I am telling you so you can prepare since it is  two months from now"
The old lady announced with Serene nodding as she spoke, a sign she was carefully listening.

"Are you fine with that?"
The old lady asked simply out of politeness.

"Absolutely fine with it" Serene replied giddily, after that was announced,  conversation easily flowed around the table.