★ Two ★

Serene's eyes shot open as she felt a gentle tug on her right arm, she realized the sun had already settled and it was partially dark outside.
She found herself sitting up straighter and she shut her eyes quickly and tightly as dizziness washed over her, she might have slept too much.

She turned to look at the maid who had arranged her things for her standing by her bed, the maid looked nervous, almost scared.
"I'm sorry to wake you up Miss, but your grandmother asked me to wake you up for dinner"

Serene looked at the young girl who looked to be around her teen years. She only nodded stiffly as she dragged herself out of bed, she stood swaying slightly on her feet, and the maid moved by her side taking hold of her right arm.

"Are you okay Miss?" The maid asked, Serene, rubbed her forehead as she prayed silently for the dizziness to die down, she closed her eyes briefly before opening them again to see a worried-looking maid.

"I'm fine thanks, I just feel a bit dizzy from sleeping too much" The maid nodded and stepped aside letting her arms fall to her side.

"What is your name?" Serene asked the young girl, she looked a bit surprised, her eyes lit up as a bright smile appeared on her lips, it made her look more pretty, Serene noticed.

"My name is Akua, Miss" She replied happily.

"Mine is Serene, you can call me Serene instead of Miss" She smiled at the girl, and the girl nodded her head vigorously her smile widening.

"Do you need anything ?" Akua asked her

"No, no, I'm fine, you can go now, I'm sure you have other things to do" Serene said

"Yes please. Please use the intercom if you need anything"
With that Akua left with a happy smile on her face.
Serene sighed softly moving to stand in front of the vanity mirror, her reflection made her throat constrict, she gulped more, it felt like she was staring at her mother; it reminded her of all the time with her mother, she had always held their relationship with much value, she loved her mother so much, they were so close, more than a mother and child relationship should be.

She missed her mother so much.

She sighed again, moving away from the vanity to the glass door that separated her room from the bathroom.

Stepping in, she took a short shower before moving to her room.

She quickly put on an African print dress that stopped above her knees, it had thin straps and a low cut neck,giving quite a view of her full and busty front.
Satisfied with her reflection in the mirror, she quickly brushed her already styled up hair and left the room.

She descended the stairs quietly making sure to not make too much noise, she met Akua at the bottom of the stairs, the teenage girl beamed at her and led the way and Serene followed her still amazed at the decor of the mansion.

Her heart rate increased as they got closer to the dining hall, she felt nervous, she rubbed her hands together entering the hall, her feet halted their movements when all heads turned to her, the room fell silent, with great mustered courage, she took her seat greeting the unfamiliar faces at the table.

"See how you've grown so much Serene. Welcome" The only man at the table said, Serene knew he was her uncle, for his resemblance to her late father was a bit cunning, she smiled politely at him.

"Welcome Serene, I hope you are having a good time here, these are my daughters, Emily will be back from school tomorrow"

The man's wife continued.

Serene looked at the two girls sitting by their mother, one looked to be a teenager and the other was younger.
The younger one waved happily at her as she squirmed delightfully in her seat, probably happy to see another face at the mansion.
Serene smiled softly at her, the other one was too busy on her phone, she sat lazily in her seat eyes glued on her phone, Serene thought of starting a conversation with the teenage girl, but seeing as she was so engrossed in her phone, she stayed quiet.

"Haba! children of today, tsk tsk tsk, Cassandra"

The old lady had a scowl on her face, she shook her head in disapproval, the girl's head jerked up, she placed her phone silently on the dining table her gaze casted downwards.

"Won't you say hi to Serene? Oforiwaa you see what I've been saying? You better train your daughter well before she gets out of hand."

Oforiwaa, looked at her daughter with a scowl on her face, the girl hesitantly looked up, she shyly waved at Serene, her eyes glassy, she pouted and her eyes widened as if she wanted to cry.

Poor girl.

Serene smiled softly at girl.

The old lady called out the servants to serve their meal, Serene played with her napkin as she waited for her meal to be served.

"Your meal ma'am"

Serene's ears perked up at the deep baritone voice, she slowly looked up,her breath hitched at the human before her..