Chapter 11

There was a mix of feeling in the room at that moment about Elana. Phoenix was fuming looking at the doppelganger with murderous intent. Damon and Stefan looked at her horrified and angry. Carline and Bonne looked annoyed with her and slightly worried not knowing how the brothers or Phoenix were going to react. Rose was disappointed in her as she leaned against the door frame shaking her head. While Elana was feeling a ring bit of guilt but was feeling rather good about herself. "How dare you!" Phoenix hopped to her feet first and Damon stood up with her. He knew he couldn't let her hurt the doppelganger but he really wanted to. Stefan stood up as well, glaring. No one made Fae cry and got away with it.

Elana shrugged fanning innocence, "What? It's not my fault if she can't take the truth." That caused more uproar. Phoenix went to dive at her but Damon stopped her in time. The half demon's eyes went black and she growled lowly at the doppelganger. Stefan made no move to stop Phoenix and spoke rather calmly as he could hear the small sobs coming from upstairs. It broke his heart, "Get out." Elena raised a brow, "Excuse me? Surely you don't mean that. Over some stupid bitch crying." Damon glared as veins started to grow under both vampires' eyes, "He said get out Elana now. Before I let Phoenix do some serious damage."

Pheonix hadn't stopped growling she could hear her friend sobbing into a pillow. Fae had always worried that she would hurt either of her two mates as Katherine had done to them. She was always scared she wasn't good enough and so being compared to Katherin hurt. Fae was already in such a fragile state. What with Elijah being gone.

Bonnie and Caroline stared as Elena blatantly refused to move. Phoenix calmed down a fraction which caused Damon to let go of her. She stalks to the doppelganger and grabbed her by the hair and dragged her out of the living room, the girl half on her hands and knees. Stefan even opened the front door for Phoenix as she threw Elana out into the now moody wet path as rain pelted from the sky. The door of the house closed and Phoenix's eyes went back to normal.

Both brothers kept looking up to the stairs wanting to run and help their shared mate. The half-demon nodded, she would stay down here and let the three be alone for a moment.

Damon and Stefan raced up the stairs nearly tripping over themselves and each other as they made their way to Stefan's room where the door had been left open and they were able to see Fae clutching a pillow. They both took a seat on either side of her and wrapped her in a hug. Making it a Salvator sandwich. Fae looked up her face red as tears kept streaming down her face. "I...I'm not like her am I?"