Chapter 7

The night passed. Stefan had wanted Fae to sleep with him but she had promised Damon to sleep in his bed. Tho that bed was broken. They simply gave up trying to decide and all passed out on the couch together having gone through two bottles of bourbon. Phoenix was curled up into Damon's left while Fae had been left cuddled in between the Salvatore brothers.

It was late noon that day that Elena, Caroline and Bonnie wandered into the Boarding house and were met with Rose at the bottom of the stairs out of the view of the sun, "What are you doing here?" she raised her brow at the doppelganger, vampire and witch. Coraline and Bonnie had been filled in on everything except the brothers' mates. Bonnie tilted her head, "We're here to see Stefan and Damon."

Coraline looked around, usually, the boys would have shown up by now and she could sense two other presences in the house, probably Damon having one of his meals again. Before Rose could say anything else Elene led the way into the living room and she froze at the sight in front of her.

The mates were all laid together, still fast asleep. Coraline and Bonnie were both shocked and confused. "Wake up!" Elena finally had enough, these girls had definitely crossed a line. Damon was the first to blink his eyes open and looked at them with hooded eyes, "What the hell are you guys doing here so early?" Bonnie laughed a little "Damon it's noon. Now, why don't you get rid of your snacks so we can get down to business." He knew that Bonnie had no idea who the girls were but when he heard that the loves of his life were apparently just something to drink made him mad. He got up and looked at her seriously nearly growling, "Don't call them that. Do you understand!"

The young witch nodded backing up a bit nervously; she wasn't used to seeing Damon so defensive before. Fae was the next one out of the four to wake up and she groaned, "Why are you people awake so early god.." she looked up to the three girls recognising Elena, she realised the other was a vampire and the other a witch. "Oh... Hey." She gave an awkward smile and a little wave, Coraline smiled at the girl and waved back at her a little. "Hi. I don't think we've met. I'm Coraline." Fae managed to untangle herself from Stefan's arms and got up, the shirt dangling off her shoulder and she smiled. "Fae... Wow, you're really pretty." she blushed softly as she said that out loud and Damon chuckled wrapping his arm around her waist pulling her into his side feeling protective of her.

Coraline smiled and before she could say anything Elena spoke up, "What's going on here? Why were you all sleeping on the couch?" Fae smiled and giggled softly "Oh that's easy Ds bed broke." The three girls' eyes widened, "I'm sorry what..." the young witch trailed off. Stefan and Phoenix woke up and Phoenix groaned "Fae I... What time is it?" Fae looked at the clock "Well shit... it's noon."