~First years~ Crack

"Huh?! What do you mean by we have a project for today?!" Hinata asks while slamming his hands on the table, causing Yamaguchi to startle awake and Tsukki to send him his usual glare (not that it affected him anymore, he passed that phase long ago).

"Are you dumb or what? You and the King have to present this project in 5 minutes and if you don't, 50% of your grade is gone." Tsukki says with a small snap of his fingers at the last word, smiling smugly at the horror present in the orange-haired boy's face.

Hinata had completely forgotten about the dumb English project due to focusing more in perfecting the new quick attack with Kageyama than in his studies (which he now thinks was kind of a stupid choice) and he now has no idea on what to do.

He half considers asking Tsukishima for a quick favor between them (you know, just like buddies do) but that idea is wiped out as soon as it comes. The blonde-haired boy would probably choose to eat dirt over helping him.

He groans out loud and mumbles a small goodbye to both of his three best-friends (Tsukki would never agree with him if he ever said that out loud, but they all know it's true), running out of the classroom to the vending machine so that he could talk with Kageyama and see if he at least knew what they were supposed to talk about.

That was a major fail though because apparently Kageyama completely forgot about it too, seeing as when Hinata talked about it with him he looked at him with a confused face and asked 'what project?' and almost passed out once he heard the whole explanation.

They both stood in silence for a good 3 minutes, thinking of anything they could say as en excuse to not lose their 50% (because let's be honest here, they're not going to manage to make a quick project now) when suddenly Hinata snapped his fingers and said: "I know what we can do!"

———————————

It has been 20 minutes since the presentations started and Hinata and Kageyama haven't presented yet, though Tsukki and Yamaguchi did (a long project about freaking dinosaurs) and managed to get an A+ by the professor.

It was only by the end of the class that the teacher called them up front and gave them the necessary space for whatever presentation they were about to give.

Hinata and Kageyama looked at eachother confidently and nodded seriously once up front, and for anyone that didn't know them would probably think that they were about to present the best project ever yet Yamaguchi couldn't help but sigh because he knew, he just knew that they were about to do something very stupid and embarrassing.

And he was (unfortunately) indeed very right, because the moment the teacher had gave them permission this start, the lights had been turned off and some sombre music started playing in the background.

Some people murmured at the sudden darkness and tried flipping the light switch back on, but stopped once they heard someone clear their throat and say: "I think that we have to speak about something very serious."

It was clear that Hinata was the one speaking due to the voice being kinda squeaky, and let me tell you guys, he actually sounded quite serious (well, as serious as he could sound) on whatever he was about to say.

"The teachers around the world need to start doing better." He said, earning himself a glare from the teacher and a few intrigued looks from their colleagues.

"I know that we need to study, I know that we need to have a great future but for fucks sakes, we're children!! We're kids who should be living our fucking lives instead of practicing how to cheat death because you know what? Everybody fucking dies." Hinata says with an actual mad tone while Kageyama simply nodded seriously in the back.

The class was dead quiet for a few seconds but they all burst off laughing when the background music dropped into the dramatic part. At least 80% of the class was laughing, even Tsukki turning red by laughing so much and Yamaguchi holding disappointed yet laughing face.

Seeming happy with their results, Hinata turned on the lights and smiled, looking at Kageyama who gave him a thumbs up and mouthed a 'we're so going to get an A+'

Just so we're clear, they didn't get the A+.

Ib : user0strawberry on TikTok