~22~

Ya don't wanna get struck by lightning

Warning: Swearing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trio proceeded to get in the time machine, Doc behind the wheel, Marty in the passenger seat and Chris on the Marty seat. Not wanting to waste any time, they flew East towards the River Road Tunnel.

Not long after, the three spotted Biff's car, as they silently hovered over it. Marty opened the door, making sure to have a protective arm around Chris, so she wouldn't fall out. The teens looked down, nodding in clarification. "There he is, Doc" Marty announced, glancing down at the bully with his binoculars, "Let's land on him. We'll cripple his car"

Chris gave her friend a look, not really sure how she felt about the idea. Luckily, Doc dismissed the idea of smushing Biff, "Marty, he's in a '46 Ford, we're in a DeLorean. He'd rip through us like we were tin foil"

"So, what do we do ?" Marty questioned. Chris gave him another weird glance. Did he really want to smush Biff that much ?

"Just something that won't crush Biff to death" Chris said, stating the obvious.

"I have a plan" the scientist announced, steering the DeLorean down, so it was hovering just a little over the ground. "Marty. You'll get out on the Hoverboard, go over to Biff's car and grab the damn Almanac. Chris and I'll wait in the DeLorean close by, so when you have it, we'll come get you"

Marty took the hovering board and slipped his foot through the strap. Chris awkwardly lifted herself off him, the small space in the car making it hard to do so. The boy carefully crawled out the door, holding onto the side of the time machine for support. He slowly hovered along the side, pushing himself to Biff's car. Marty turned around, looking at Doc, giving him a thumbs up before looking at the girl. Her expression showed concern. Mouthing 'Be careful' to him, the boy only smiled at her, nodding in reassurance.

Doc took off, flying the DeLorean upwards, but keeping the distance between the time machine and the '46 Ford close enough.

Chris kept mumbling words like "Shit" and "Damn" and what not. She tapped her foot nervously, hugging herself.

"He'll be fine" Doc reassured her, giving the girl a smile. She only nodded, giving him a sad smile in return.

"I know, Doc. It's just... I-I have this weird feeling, that.. something's gonna happen" Chris explained, "Something unexpected. I don't know. I probably sound crazy"

Doc only chuckled, "Look who you're talking to"

The two shared a laugh, lightening the mood a bit.

~~~

Down on the ground, Marty and Biff were having a fight, struggling to get the sportsbook. Marty was holding the car door for dear life, as the bully drove like crazy, trying to shake the poor boy away. They were headed straight for the River Road Tunnel, struggling some more in there as well. Currently, the Almanac was on the windshield, which made it even harder to get. But fortunately, Marty had the power of the Hoverboard on his side, and he somehow managed to grab to book and land on the ground. Of course while doing a cool flip.