~11~

Getting ready

Getting ready

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, the two teens were walking down the street, nearing George's house. Marty had explained to Chris, how they were gonna get the DeLorean to time travel with the help of the lightning bolt. The girl just nodded, and thought it was a good idea.

At George's house, they were going to go over the plan to get Marty's parents together, with George. It was a pretty simple plan. Marty and Lorraine would be sitting in a car, where Lorraine would get angry at him for taking advantage of her. George would come to the rescue, save Lorraine from Marty, and boom-boom, they live happily ever after. Easy right ? What could possibly go wrong ?

Arriving at George's house, Marty knocked on the door. The teens waited a couple of seconds, before the door opened, revealing George standing on the other side. He smiled, his eyes landing on the girl in front of him.

"Hi Chris" he said in a soft voice, blushing a little at her presence. Marty looked over to Chris, only to see her smile at his father, with a little wave.

"Hey George" Marty said, stepping forward, "May we come in ?"

George seemed to snap out of his thoughts, stepping aside so the teens could walk in. "I was about to get the laundry, when you knocked" the boy said.

"We don't mind helping you, George. We can discuss the plan, while hanging it up" Chris said, with a kind smile, resting her hand on George's shoulder. The boy blushed at the touch but thanked her anyway.

Marty felt annoyed, for some reason. Seeing his father look at her that way, made his stomach turn uncomfortably. Sure, it was weird seeing his father crushing on his best friend, but there was something else. Like... Jealousy ? Was he really jealous ?

Marty was snapped out of thought, when Chris waved a hand in front of his face, "What are you starring at ?"

"Uh- Nothing.." He said, giving her an awkward smile.

~~~

Stepping outside, the three teens started walking to the back yard. Chris was carrying her dress box, since she was going to get ready for the dance, at Lorraine's house, with the girls. George was carrying the basket of laundry, and Marty grabbed something from the car. Probably a suit for the dance tonight.

"I still don't understand" George said, "How am I supposed to go to the dance with her, when I'm going with Chris. And if she's already going to the dance with you ?"

"Because George. She wants to go with you" Marty said.

"She just doesn't know it yet" Chris finished.

"That's why we gotta show her that you, George McFly, is a fighter" Marty said, pointing at his dad, "You're somebody who's gonna stand up for yourself, someone who's gonna protect her"