Rewriting and New Beginnings

Run. Run. Run away from everything. Run away from everyone. That was all you could do, run. Everybody laughed as you ran along the never-ending road, shrouded in darkness and deprived of any comforting warmth.

The haunting laughs and taunting snickers beat against your eardrums as your heart endlessly pumped against your rib cage. Tears pricked at the corner of your eyes, legs giving out as you fall onto the floor, only to fall into a dark abyss.

"Help..."

*Beep Beep Beep*

"Ugh, what time is it?"

*Beep Beep Beep*

Groaning, you sat up to look at your surroundings, body shivering as the cold sheets slid down your arms and onto your lap. Glancing over to your nightstand, you checked the time to see it was 6 am. It was still dark out, so you laid back down, only to sit back up again and realize you had a job interview at 7.

Dragging yourself off your bed, you found your way to the bathroom. Trudging through the wide halls, passing by old, gold-framed paintings, with plants wilting under said paintings sitting on top of grey and gold-lined tables. The walls painted a dim peachy color, slowly peeling away as the days passed. You could only imagine how much longer before you'd be able to see the drywall.

Seeing your bathroom door, you quickly opened it and walked over to the sink to wash your face. Staring up at your reflection, you could see slight eye bags from the lack of sleep you'd been getting these past few weeks.

Sighing to yourself, you quickly finished your usual morning routine and walked back to your room for a quick change of clothes. Seeing as you had an interview later today, you changed into a fitting pair of black khakis that slimmed as they neared your ankles and a plain white shirt. You threw on your favorite f/c coat, and grabbed a small apple for your trip on the way to the job interview.

Now...what was this job interview?

That was something you could not answer, due to rushing to grab any job with good pay, and this one sure did.

All you saw was the number, and you hurriedly called to check in for an interview without looking at the description or anything else for that matter. Just the phone number and the pay coverage.

ヾ(=^・・^)ヾ(^^ ) Time Skip ~

Walking through the front doors, you were greeted with a front reception desk, occupied by a orange haired woman peeling a tangerine with focus. The lobby was bright with a very light atmosphere, it was welcoming indeed. You noticed the large pin-board to the left of the lobby, decorated with a few drawings made by what looked like babies or toddlers. 

"Ahem, hello!"

Turning to your front, you notice a pair of warm eyes looking at you with a slight amused twinkle.

"And I'm guessing you're here for a job interview? You seem to be dressed very formal for a meeting to talk about working at a daycare."

Looking at yourself, then looking back at her, your eyes slightly widened.

You called in for a job as a caretaker?

You internally groaned and facepalmed, you didn't know how to deal with kids. You never knew what went on in their heads, and that scared you.

"Uh, yeah, but I didn't think I was signing up to be a caretaker..."

She looked at you with surprise, then more amusement as she gave a small, and hearty laugh.

"So you called in for the job not knowing what it was?"

You nodded slightly, looking to the side in a bashful manner.