Date?

Astrid POV

"Hi this is Astrid Hofferson, I would like to make an appointment with you. Could you give me a callback... Thank you."

Okay, that's done now I just wait. The weather is better than yesterday although it is getting hot. After breakfast, I told Zephyr that I was going to take her to the lake where we would all play games. We all agreed to go while Iduna said she will stay. We arrived at the lake and I was shocked to see that it looks as beautiful as it did back then. Malarie took Zephyr by the trees and bushes while, Heather, Moana, Elsa, Ruffnut, and I set up a picnic for lunchtime. We sat there and talked about the old days and how the flowers were still growing. Suddenly, I see that the girls are pushing a raft into the lake and they were on it. "Wait is that..."

"No that's a new one, ours was this one," Ruff left to the bushes and pulled our raft, "throughout the years we had to replace the wood and fix it here and there but this is the one." We all gave each other a look and we instantly knew that we were thinking the same thing. "Why not!!"

We were at the lake with the girls and we were having such a good time. It wasn't until we saw Snotlout, Tuffniu, and Fishlegs, and the edge of the lake. "Hey, having fun without us?" They immediately jump into the lake and join us almost tipping the raft over. The girls were just laughing at that and then Eret appears and then gives the girls a push on their raft. That part of the lake was filled with laughter and then the splashes came all of a sudden. We were all soaked. "Hey!!"

"Hiccup, come on!"

"You don't know what your missing."

Hiccup takes his shoes and socks off and comes running in joining us. We were in our rafts and then in the water. It was great but good things have to come to an end. We were drying up and having our lunch. I was alone on a log wrapped up and looking at the lake. "Hey."

"Hi."

"I saw that Zephyr was having a good time."

"Yeah, I like how they have a little raft of their own. Did Malarie play in the lake by herself?"

"No sometimes Anna would come with her kids, and the other kids in the neighborhood would come."

I gave a little chuckle and then it was quiet enough for a while. "I was wondering if it's not too much of a bother," aww he was stuttering, "would you like to join me tonight. There is a nice restaurant downtown and I was wondering if you'd like to join me."

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"No! I mean, no. It's more like a hang-out thing. You know?"

"Yeah, sure. I'd be glad to go. Where is this at?"

"Oh, it's fancy but the food is something that can't be missed." Okay, it's a date. If we were hanging out, would he take me to a fancy place? I don't know, but I would like to go into town and see it.

"Okay, I would love to."

"Okay, then I can pick you up at around 6?"

"Okay, I'll be here." He left and I was left dumbfounded. Am I really going back to dating? Well, if that's the case, then I'm glad it's with Hiccup. It can be less awkward, even though he is my ex. 

Back at home

"Yeah, it's a date. Why else would he take you somewhere fancy?"

"Hiccup being Hiccup. Well, what are you going to wear because he did say it was fancy."

"I did not think of that. I only have this dress, but it's..."