⋆The truth⋆

"Ugh," You said, letting yourself fall on the bed.

"What are we going to do?" Bucky asks you.

"We could just stay in here," You offered.

"Y/n, we gotta come out sometime. Now think, we don't have much time." He said, almost nervously.

"Why don't we lie and say that we slept together," You say, wiggling your eyebrows.

"That'll only give us more teasing, I think we just have to say the truth," Bucky said, already feeling the embarrassment.

"We're just overthinking, let's get this diner over with," You say, walking out the door, grabbing Bucky's hand.

-

You and Bucky walk into the dining room, and you could hear a pin drop.

You both sit down, start your diner, and make eye contact with no one. Even though you know that everyone is staring at you.

"Alright what the hell," Tony breaks the silence, and everyone followed.

Everything is so chaotic, everywhere you hear questions. You look at Bucky for some comfort, but it looks like he is even more confused than you.

"Alright everybody shut up." Pepper says, "Y/n, I to really want to know what happened, but this is obviously not the answer, so, what if everyone got to ask one question?"

You look at Bucky, he seems fine with it, so you agree too.

"I'm first," Nat says, "So, did you do it?"

Everyone was waiting on your answer, it was sad that they didn't have anything better to do.

"No," Bucky answered for you.

Everywhere you heard people mumbling 'how?' or 'but shirtless?', it was actually pretty funny.

"Okay, but Bucky why were you shirtless?" Steve said, obviously very confused.

"Y/n spilled her lemonade on me and I didn't have any clean shirts," He says innocently.

"Okay y/n why didn't you have a shirt on?" Wanda asked.

"She was incredibly hot and-" He got cut off by at least 3 people spitting out their drink.

"Because of my fever!" You defended yourself. "And if I didn't take the sweater of I would probably go up in flames. "

"Okay, why were you cuddling him?" Scott asked.

"Duh, he has a metal arm, the coldness soothed my fever, " You said.

"Bullcrap, " Tony said, annoyed that they didn't get any spice.

"Are you guys done now?" You said, happy that you can finally finish your meal in peace.

"Yeah, you all gave us false hope and now we're bummed out, thanks a lot," Clint said, pouting like a little baby.

-

After diner, Bucky was helping clearing off the table, when Tony proposed an interesting bet.

"I'll bet you 50 bucks that if you run into Bucky's arms right now, he'll catch you." He said.

"I'm broke Tony, besides, he's carrying plates and stuff, he's not just going to drop that for me. "

"Okay, how 'bout this, if he catches you, the next time that we are out in public, you have to hold hands the whole time, if he doesn't, you get 50 bucks," Tony said, knowing you would accept it.

"Deal," You could always use some extra money.

"Here he comes, " Stark whispered in your ear.

"Buck!" You yelled running full speed at him.

Without thinking clearly, he dropped the plates and caught you, he even gave you a twirl.

"Dammit, y/n!" He said once he realized what a mess he'd made.

"You weren't supposed to catch me!" You complained.

"What was I supposed to do, just let you fall on the ground?" He said, "I'd never let that happen."

Awwww, you heard every avenger say in the room.

-

After everything was cleaned up, you end Bucky went up to your floor to go to sleep. He even went with you to your bedroom door.

"Are you going to be okay tonight?" He asked you, knowing that it'll not be so much fun sleeping in that mess that you made.

"Uh, I'm going to be fine, thanks," You answered, even though that was a complete lie.

"You know what, screw this, your sleeping in my room tonight." He said, grabbing your hand.

"Oh, I don't want to be an inconvenience." You were quickly cut off.

"Y/n, it's fine, we did it before, and I'm not going to let you sleep in that pig stall." He said. "End of discussion."

So you slept in his bed that night, and he didn't even mention taking the floor or even the couch. He just layed next to you, kissed your forehead, and said, "Goodnight, y/n".

Sure enough, the following morning, you woke up cuddling again, but at this point, you didn't even care.