Chapter 14 - Aelin

Knowing that Maeve was definitely gone made me feel so much better, I sat next to Rowan, my head on his chest.

"You know mum I can hold my own in council meetings now." Nehemiah said with a grin.

"Why?" I asked, that worried me.

"Feyre and Rhys took me to a High Lords meeting, they made council meeting seem like child's play, I was very good at annoying them all." She replied, eyes sparkling.

"Rhys, could you elaborate?" I asked him.

"The High Lord who's power is fire called a meeting to tell us that there was someone who could take over our courts, he meant Nehemiah, she told him that it was her and he threw a hissy fit. One of the other High Lords helped her explain to him that she was from another world, he knew about you, your world walking." Rhys told us, laughing with Nehemiah.

"Was it Feyre who was pregnant next to you?" I asked.

"No, my mother was pregnant with my little sister." Rhys told me, sadness in his eyes, I didn't push.

"Can you both fly?" I asked the two men with bat wings.

"Sure can," the one Nehemiah compared to Fenrys, Cassian, grinned.

"I'm the only one who can't," Mor told us, "someone has to carry me."

She looked mildly pissed.

"At least you have that Rowan can't carry me when he flies, he isn't large enough." I said, giving him a sly grin.

"You know what Fireheart, one day we are going to try that." He shot back.

"No, we aren't, now hush, the grownups are talking." I told him, poking him in the ribs.

"Aelin, I'm four hundred years older than you!" He snapped.

"Yeah, I know you are a big strong fae warrior who was part of the Cadre so on and so on, but you are also a big baby." I told him, sticking my tongue out.

"They really are like us," I heard Mor mutter.

"Why do I feel like I've been crushed?" Feyre muttered from the doorway.

Rhys immediately rushed to her side, pulling her against him.

"Stop mind talking you two," Mor snarled at them, Feyre grinned at her.

"Nice to see your concern for me Mor." Feyre said as she sat next to her mate.

"We should really head back," Azriel said, looking at Rhys.

"As much as I would love to stay Az is right," Feyre sighed.

"You are always welcome here," I told them, and they all smiled.

"You are always welcome in the Night Court." Feyre told me.

We all went to Endovier and I saw the portal.

"We really shouldn't just leave that there," I said with a frown.

About half an hour later we had built up a hut around the portal and Rhysand showed me how to key the entrance to my blood. With one final goodbye they walked through, back to their home.