Chapter 6 - Feyre

Once Amren had gone Nehemiah seemed to brighten up again. Once we sat down for lunch though she seemed to tense up a little.

"Nehemiah meet Mor, our third in command. Cassian, our general and Azriel, our spy master." I told her as we walked into the room.

She looked directly at Cassian "You hit me over the head." It took a lot of effort to not laugh.

"You burnt my hands then choked the air from my lungs!" he replied.

"At least I had a good reason." She grumbled as she sat.

"I like you kid." Mor said, giving her a wide grin.

"She's part of the family." Rhys supplied.

"How, we've known her for a whole day, and she attacked us!" Cassian looked completely baffled.

"She's Amren's great, great granddaughter." He replied smoothly.

"Amren had kids?" Mor asked with a shudder.

"She had quite a few." Nehemiah supplied as she began eating.

"Ok, new topic because talking about Amren with children isn't fun, Nehemiah, where does your name come from?" Rhys smoothly cut in.

"My mother's best friend was named Nehemiah, she was murdered, and my mother blamed herself for it." She replied, we slipped into an awkward silence.

"So, you know what I can do, what can you all do?" she asked, shaking herself from whatever place her thoughts had gone.

"My power is pure truth; I can basically tell if you are lying to me." Mor said.

"I can walk into minds and you know about the darkness." Rhys told her; I caught the shudder that she tried to supress.

"I'm a shadow singer." Az told her.

"I have a bit of everything, water, fire, ice, wind, shapeshifting, light, healing, darkness, the mind walking and the four of us can winnow, which is jumping from one place to another." I told her.

She looked at Cass who laughed.

"I'm just good with a blade." He said with a grin.

"Want to spar?" she asked.

We all stared at her in shock.

"Are you sure that is a good idea?" Cassian asked.

"Well yeah, why not, no magic though, that would be unfair." She was dead serious.

"I'm twice your size and five hundred years older than you." Cass replied.

"Are you afraid you'll lose?" she asked, she knew exactly what buttons to press.

"Oh, you are on." He said with a feral grin.

We all walked out to the training rings, Nehemiah walked over to the weapons rack and picked up a thin sword, weighing it in her hands.

"We are not using real blades." Cass said, I was going to agree but I looked at how comfortable she felt with the blade.

"Why not, I'm not some novice." She replied.

"You're twelve!" he almost yelled.

"It's her choice Cass." I yelled at him.

He pulled his blade off his back and they got ready.

Rhys counted them down and they ran. I expected Nehemiah to go on the offensive, but she didn't, she let Cass do all the attacking. After a couple of minutes, I realised why, she was looking for weak spots.