Chapter 10 - Feyre

I stared at the little girl who had just lost all hope. She shifted in a flash of light and flew away, I looked at Rhys, my eyes wide.

"What the hell just happened?" Tamlin snapped

"Nehemiah just realised that she is never going to see her family again." I told him, leaning against Rhys as tears slid down my cheeks.

"What?" Thesean asked, looking overly surprised, I looked to Hellion for help.

"Her mother is known as the World Walker because she travelled to every world as she sealed them forever, portals can open and you can travel within worlds but portals between worlds should be impossible, she can't get home." He told everyone.

"I'm going to go and look for her." I whispered to Rhys, he nodded, and I stood, shifting into a replica of her, just with brown feathers and grey eyes.

"Feyre, bring her back to Velaris." Rhys told me, I nodded my head and took off.

It wasn't hard to find her, she hadn't flown far before shifting back into her fae body and sitting on a rock, she was sobbing onto her hands.

I landed in front of her, and she looked up.

"Hi Feyre," I shifted back and sat next to her, pulling her against me.

"I am going to help you; I will look for any possible way to get you home." I told her.

"Normally I would try wardmarks but that isn't how I got here." She told me.

"Ok, can you describe to me how you got here?" I asked, not wanting to go into her mind.

"I was talking to my mother and I walked into the training ring, darkness reached up from the floor and grabbed me, then I was falling for a bit before being thrown into your city, well above your city." She told me slowly.

"Darkness like this?" I asked as I used a little of my magic, she reached out and touched it.

"No, your darkness is soft, the other darkness was cold and grabbed at me." she replied.

"Ok, I'm going to tell Amren and see what she makes of it, for the time being, please come back to Velaris, there is lots for you to do there." I gave her a small smile.

"What if I never go home again Feyre, last night dad was giving me a lecture about sneaking out at night to see my people and I yelled at him, what if the last thing I will ever say to him is something horrible?" She started sobbing again.

I sprouted wings and scooped her into my arms, taking off and beginning the journey back to Velaris.

"You should talk to Rhys about sneaking out, he was an expert as a child." I told her, smiling at the thought of him jumping out the window.

"Really?" she asked, a little surprised.

"Yeah, he has wings, he just chooses not to have them out most of the time, he used to jump out of his window and fly over Velaris at night, spend time with his people. His father never found out, and if his mother caught him, she would tell him off before jumping out the window with him and they would fly all night, this was all five hundred years before I was born, but still."

"I think you would get on well with my mother and I think Rhys would get on with my father." She told me, pressing her head into my shoulder.

"And when we find out how to get you home, I'm sure I will get to meet them." I told her.

We flew the rest of the way in silence, it was night by the time I reached Velaris, I really should have just winnowed but I wanted to talk to her.

As we flew over the city Nehemiah gasped, staring down at the lights glowing in the darkness.

"Velaris is called the City if Starlight for a reason." I chuckled, I landed outside the manor, setting Nehemiah down next to me and banishing the wings.

Rhys met us at the door, "Are you both ok?" He asked.

"We're fine, Nehemiah likes the view of the city." I told him, winking.

"Amren wants to talk to you in the morning, for now, get some rest." Rhys told Nehemiah.

She walked up to her room in the manor, and I went to the library to begin searching for answers.