Chapter 7 - Nehemiah

I woke up one the morning of the High Lords meeting a little nervous. It couldn't be any worse than the council meetings at home though.

I got up and put on the dress in my home colours. A woman made of shadow appeared and braided my hair back for me, I thanked her as she walked through the wall to leave.

As I walked towards the voices downstairs, I knew I needed to tell them who I was, especially now that we were going to this meeting.

"Before we go, I need to tell you something, I haven't been completely honest." They all looked at me and I looked down, a little ashamed.

"I never lied to you, I just didn't tell you the whole truth, my full name is Nehemiah Ashvyer Whitehorn Galathynius and I'm the Crown Princess of Terresen, my home country."

"Now that is one long name." Feyre laughed, a tiara appeared in her hands and she slid it into my hair.

"A princess deserves a crown, come on, let's go." She reached out her hand and I took it.

A second later we were gathered up into darkness, I panicked, I couldn't see. Feyre just pulled me against her and held me close until we were back in sunlight.

I took in my surroundings, this place reminded me of Oryanth in summer.

"Please come this way High Lord." A young woman said, I let go of Feyre's hand and walked next to Mor as we followed the girl.

"Rhysand, Feyre, it's a pleasure." I heard from in front of us.

"Thesean, thank you for having us." I hard Rhys say.

"And who is your guest?" The male turned to look at me.

"She will introduce herself when everyone is here," Feyre smoothly replied, sitting down, I curtsied to the High Lord with Mor then went to sit next to her.

Apparently, it is custom to be late to these meetings because only us and Tarquin, arrived on time. When Hellion arrived, he stared at me for a very long time, I just stared back.

Once they were all here Thesean turned to an old looking man.

"You called this meeting Beron, why are we here?"

"Somewhere there is a person with immense fire power, I don't know how they got it, but they have enough to threaten our courts." I held in my snort.

"They are not a threat Beron." Feyre replied, looking a little pissed off.

"And how do you know that?" Beron snapped at her.

"Because they are sitting in the room with you," I replied for her.

"And how would you know you are a child!" he yelled at me; I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm the person with immense fire power that you are so afraid of." I sighed.

"You!" he yelled at me.

"Yes, me, do you have a problem with that?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"But you're what, eight?" Beron stammered.

"I'm twelve." I replied, surprising myself with how calm I sounded.

"Where do you get so much magic from?" he asked me with a sneer, he thought he had caught me.

"I inherited it from my mother." I told him, still calm.

"There is no one in this world you could have got it from." He retorted.

"That Beron, is because she is not from this world," Hellion said.

"It's the eyes, right?" I asked him, he nodded.

"She what!" Beron had gone red he was so angry.

"I'm from another world." I replied smoothly.

"You're an Ashvyer yet you have fire powers, so you have to be descended from Aelin." He told me.

"Hi, I'm Nehemiah Ashvyer Whitehorn Galathynius and I'm the Crown Princess of Terresen, Heir to Queen Aelin Ashvyer Whitehorn Galathynius, she's my mother," I added on the end, just to make it clear.

"What is your animal form?" he asked, eyes twinkling

"Now that is not something you ask until you get to know a person better, but as you seem to know quite a bit about me, why not." I grinned as I shifted, flying to Hellion and landing on his head.

"She's an owl." I heard one of them say. I nodded my head.

"She's sat on my head," Hellion grumbled.

"You did ask," Feyre said with a laugh.

I flew back over to her and shifted back as I sat.

"Ok, so to sum up the meeting so far, Nehemiah is a princess of another world who has enough power to rival Beron and she can change into an owl?" Thesean asked, looking a little bewildered.

"Yes, sounds about right." Feyre responded.