Chapter 2 - Feyre

"Feyre, we need to have a meeting!" Rhys called.

I stood and went to go and see what all the yelling was about.

"Why?" I asked as I walked into the sitting room, everyone else was already there.

"A portal opened above Velaris; something fell through." He replied.

"Something or someone?" I questioned.

"When I first saw it, I thought it was a person but when Az and Cass got up there it was an owl." He replied.

"So, an owl fell through a portal?" I asked, just to make sure I was hearing correctly.

"My shadows say it isn't just an owl." Az told me.

"So, what is an owl that isn't an owl?" Mor questioned.

"A fae from another world." Amren told us, sipping from a cup of tea.

We all stared at her.

"What?" she asked.

"Care to elaborate?" Rhys asked her, brows raised.

"The world I am from has Fae in it, they can turn into an animal, not like shapeshifting, it's just their other body." She smoothly replied.

"So, there is a fae from another world in Velaris?" I questioned.

"I was just saying ideas, it might not be." Amren told us.

"Ok, it's the evening now, we should all go to bed and go hunting in the morning." I suggested.

"What if they are dangerous?" Cass asked.

"After Hybern's attack there have been self-defence and fighting classes around the city, our people aren't as defenceless as they once were." I replied.

"I agree with Feyre, if we go out hunting at night, we are more likely to tire ourselves out that find anything." Rhys pitched in.

"Right, meet back here at nine, night!" I said, winking at Rhys and winnowing us upstairs.

"You know, you are getting smarter about these things." Rhys commended.

"You act like I was a total idiot before." I retorted.

"No, I meant you act like you have been doing this for decades." He said with a smile, pulling me close.

"You know the bath is bigger now." I said into his now bare chest.

"You and your wicked tongue." He laughed before picking me up and carrying me into the bathroom.