Chapter 8: Falling

It had been 3 weeks since Lucas and I kissed and we had officially become boyfriend and girlfriend. The thing I had figured out is that Noah and Lucas were actually best buds. Yeah, I know!!! Apparently they were neighbours when they were kids

I was in my room applying my make-up. I had in mind a natural look. Oh I forgot to tell you that I was going for a date. He was gonna take me 'somewhere nice' he had told me the other day and I was so excited. To be honest this is my second boyfriend. I had dated before but only for 2 weeks. I dated Brandon but he was a total asshole. I mean he even gave our kissing sessions a time on his timetable.

I wore my ripped jeans and Nike shirt, tied my sneakers, brushed my hair (I decided to keep it hanging on my shoulders), and headed downstairs were I find Alex, my mum and dad waiting for me.

"Be home by 11, that's the limit. And I have to have a little chat with this guy." my dad said as he looked at me suspiciously.

When dad gets all papa bear there's absolutely no way of getting him to change his mind. This is what I was afraid of: Lucas actually meeting my family!

"Oh and I almost forgot to tell you to warn him about the talk I am obviously going to have with him." Alex said with a cheeky smile on her face.

"What talk?" I asked confused as I sat down on the sofa

"Oh you know the one you had with Noah. Just a few fine words nothing he has to worry about." She said with a few hand gestures.

I was now shocked. How could she know about the talk? I guess Noah had blurted it out. This talk consisted of an endless amount of threats and words that would make you shit your pants so nothing very nice.

"Nooooooo" I told her my hands grasping my mouth.

"Oh yes. Noah told me everything" at this moment Alex checked her phone and dramatically added "Oh well look at the time. You better go to your date."

Alex then pushed me to the door and as I stared infront of the front door, to our big front garden, Alex closed the door behind me and I headed to Lucas' car

*In the car*

As I open the car door, I find Lucas staring at me with his beady eyes. I stepped in his black volvo as I strapped myself in. Lucas was still staring at me. I looked down at myself trying to find out if I had a stain somewhere

"What? What happened? Do I have a stain somewhere or?" I asked him with a paniced tone.

"No. Nothing just admiring the view" Lucas said smiling at me.

I looked down, bit my lip and smiled. I was never used to comments like these. I mean yes my parents tell me that I am beautiful almost every time I go out but we all know that when a boy says it, it's different

"Not so bad yourself, Walker" I tell him looking him up and down.

He was wearing a hoodie which was unzipped and underneath he had a bulky shirt.

"So where you taking me huh? Some place romantic? Like a french restaurant? No wait no not a french restaurant. Bleh I don't do well with all those polite people." I said trying to guess where he was taking me.

"You'll see, lovebird. You'll see."
As he blurted out the word 'lovebird' I shot a confused look towards him.

"Excuse me, lovebird?"

"As long as you call me Walker, I can call you lovebird"

"And may I ask where did this lovebird originate?"

"Well you are always babbling on about how when you were younger you always fantisised your perfect wedding and your perfect love that well it made me think of you as lovebird."

"Aw that's sweet. Yes I approve of lovebird."

We continued our way to the mysterious place laughing to jokes and continuing to know each other. Until finally the car stopped and Lucas turned of the engine. He stepped out of the car and came to my side opening the door. Lucas grabbed my hand as he took me to the streets.

We we were standing in a street with no sidewalk, lamps the only trace of light there was. The streets were damp from the rain that had pored last night. Under his arm, Lucas had two boxes of pizzas and some beverages. Lucas pushed me to the side as he stayed on the side of the road. I grabbed on to his arm as I snuggled close to him and we continued walking.

We arrived at an opening to a wooden bridge going out to the sea. We walked up to the edge of the bridge. We both sat down legs dangling and barley touching the cold water as Lucas turned and gave me a slice of pizza. We spent the evening laughing and falling for each other more.

At one point we were snuggling, staring at the spherical, grey moon staring back at us. At that moment I looked a little down, to the reflection of the moon on the water. Instinct made me turn towards Lucas who was looking down, staring at his feet.

Looking at him I noticed a purple circle around his eye. It was a black-eye. I couldn't figure out why I didn't notice it before. My fingers travelled to touch his black-eye as I told him worried:

"How did you get that? Did someone hurt you?"

He forced a laugh as he told me "No. I was walking and I bumped into a pole"

I didn't fully believe him but he didn't look like he wanted to continue to talk about it. I rested my head on his shoulder as my eyes got heavier and heavier....

*At Home*

As my eyes fluttered open, I find myself tucked in my bed staring into Lucas' eyes as he snaked his fingers through my hair.

"Hi" he said as he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked confused looking around. The last thing I remembered was looking at the moon.

"Well you fell asleep and so I thought that I wouldn't wake you up so I got you home. I told your parents everything, but your dad still doesn't really trust me." I smiled as he uttered this. I could only imagine my dad's reaction.

"Yeah he gave me an interview about everything and he followed me upstairs when I took you to bed. Your sister though, she's another type of scary."

I got to the conclusion that she had gave him the talk. We smiled at each other for a while as he said

"Well I better get going. Good night, lovebird." He told me as he gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Good night, Walker." I told him smiling and biting my lip, butterflies in my stomach as he walked away.

At that moment Alex walked inside my room and told me with a cheeky laugh

"So fell asleep on the first date, huh?"

"Shut up" I said sheepishly as I placed my cushion on my head and pressed it to my ears. Flashes of tonight were pictured in my head, in fact I dreamt of him, you know who ;)